Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandi21a:
    Ok so here's my story I'm 24 years old and I personaly dont know much about imigration and immigration laws this is all new to me. I was born and raised in the USA. I started dating a guy about 6 months ago and I have completele fell in love with him and I just found out a few weeks ago that he is not legal here. We started talking and his mom brought him and his brother to the US when he was 7 which would have made his brother 3 so its not like they really knew it was illegal. there mom moved back to mexico a month ago and from what I understand she was legal here. now him and his brother are concidered illegal. I'm scared to lose him and we don't really know what we can do to make him legal or if he can become legal here. I have heard from others that he can't and others that he can so I'm so confused. I also heard that if he goes to mexico he can't come back to the US for al least 10 years if ever again. I wish I knew what I could do to make it so he could stay here with me legally. can any one help me or point me in the right direction. I don't have money to pay for a lawyer I'm struggling as it is. so any help at all would be great. Thanks
    Don't ask incompetent people for advice, go get a good immigration lawyer and have them help you with your case.

In general, though, person under 18 is not considered illegal for purposes of 3-10 year bar or AOS. But past 18 assumes full responsibility, regardless of how and when they were brought into US.

If he is from Mexico what he would need to do is file I-601 waiver for EWI. He will need to go to Mexico first and apply from abroad due to EWI, unless grandfathered under 245(i).
    Good news for you is that for whatever reason there is a high percentage of those waivers being approved for Mexican nationals.

I am not going to assume that he is some kind of a fraudster and has some extra criminal charges pending against him, since i am not a boiling with insidious hatred redneck , but i would definitely reccomend you to consult a good practicing immigration attorney.
    Diving into complex INA regulations on your own is a sure recipe for failure.

Good luck.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
      now that's smart....take advice from a border jumping sleaze like reinosa....I see that the trailerparks are still producing village idiots....why do you think this illegal douchebag is courting you? For love? Get real. All he wants (just like reinosa) is a green card and both of these lowlifes don't care how many laws they break in the process.Twenty minutes after you marry this clown you will discover his true side -- and you won't like it.
      MR TUFFPANTS here thinks in his own lil world don't listen to him and well my advise is wait and you will see if this is truly what you want. FYI di.ck face no one is afraid of you EVERYONE has their opinion I guess.....you should keep yours to your self......bye GOD BLESS!!!

Comment

what a hypocritcal hole-in-the-hedge....all of your pathetic insults, then a close with 'god bless'...as if this deity (if he/she even exists) is going to do your bidding....I don't take advice from double digit IQ trailerpark inhabitants.

Comment

I would like to hear back from the thread starter. Has there been any progress in the case? Have you learned anything new? Please keep us posted on your situation because the more of these cases we learn about the better we can advise people in the future.
          Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

Congratulations!!! you sure know how to pick'em, be careful someone might try to steal that jewel away from you. By the way, if he's been here so long how come his mommy didn't apply for the amnesty that Pres. Reagan passed? Could it be is becauses they have a shady past?

Comment

Abercrumbling's insult sounds like a f.a.g.'s

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs