Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce and remarriage before 2 yrs

I have a terrible dilemma. Several months ago, I met and fell in love with a Canadian who is currently married for 1 yr. He met his wife over the internet and came to this country, married, and wants to stay here.We did not expect to fall in love when we met. We want to marry each other.The problem is, how does this affect him in obtaining his permanent residency or getting the joint petition restriction lifted? If he remarries, is he safe? I'm sure we would need an attorney to help us. We don't want him to get deported, and obviously his wife would report it if he left and divorced her. What recourse is there to get him out of his marriage? He has a good job. Are there other ways he can get the conditional status lifted which would not endanger his ability to stay here? Thanks for any help. We're desperate.

I have a terrible dilemma. Several months ago, I met and fell in love with a Canadian who is currently married for 1 yr. He met his wife over the internet and came to this country, married, and wants to stay here.We did not expect to fall in love when we met. We want to marry each other.The problem is, how does this affect him in obtaining his permanent residency or getting the joint petition restriction lifted? If he remarries, is he safe? I'm sure we would need an attorney to help us. We don't want him to get deported, and obviously his wife would report it if he left and divorced her. What recourse is there to get him out of his marriage? He has a good job. Are there other ways he can get the conditional status lifted which would not endanger his ability to stay here? Thanks for any help. We're desperate.

Comment

You may wish to consult an atty on this one, but my information says that if he has conditional status based upon a marriage, he has to remove conditions to become a PR. If he divorces prior to the removal of conditions, he must present divorce decree and file the remove conditions based upon three scenarios. Marriage ended in diovorce, but marriage was bona fide. Extreme hardhip if removed from country, or battered spouse.

Comment

Dear Lover of Canadian Lover

you ask how he can stay here? He can stay here still married to US citizen. of course that would mean you would have to stop having an illicit affair with this married man and let him work on the marriage that he is already in.
        This way his wife would not have to report it and have his status jeoporidized. Do you know if USCIS find out that his marriage brokedown becuase of adultery that he will be busted anyway??? How do you think the wife feels if she knows the deceit that is going on behind her back. How would YOU feel??? 1 yr and running around... They will be able to see that he is taking marriage serious. You know what goes around will come around. Dont think for a minute that he eventually will not do the same to you.

He wants to stay here... and that my dear is the bottom line. There are 1000 single men out there... go find one

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation