Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I think the interview went well, there is another post on this site about all the details. But it was only like 1/2 hour and they didn't separate us or anything. My lawyer said she thinks it is 99% sure it will be approved.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In removal cases, all I-130s go to service centers, and then they are transfered to the local offices.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Did you not have an interview because you went through a service center? My lawyer told me to submit another I-130 to the local office and we were called for this interview very fast (I'm not sure if that is good or bad?) in only a about 6 weeks! So, the interview is in a couple of hours. So I'll let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My last hearing was on April 24th, where my AOS would have been filed before the Judge. But the judge didn't get her hands on the file until April 22nd (despite the office receiving the file April 11th) so they had to put it off until July 10th. It will be filed July 10th. My EAD was also filed the same day April 11th I mean. Got its receipt, but waiting for an appointment to get it. I guess it will take up to 60 days.

I didn't have a I-130 interview, it was approved in a year.

Let us know how your interview went...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    EADs are filed once you file for AOS before the Judge I believe..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bushmaster, did you file your 765 after you adjusted status before IJ? I have my I-130 interview tomorrow, and my attorney said as soon as we get approval, she will submit to the court to move forward (I have another master calender hearing in Sept). I just want to know when I can work. We are dying on one salary. How was your I-130 interview?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    well it says 1 day, but from last November on even those District Offices that once upon a time issued EADs on a walk-in basis do not do so any more...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks, unfortunately, it is not that fast thru mail-in applications..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here are the processing times

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mohan, it is not that easy with my native country man.

The requirement for new passport or extensions is that the male citizen has to show that he registered with the military service of that country. I didn't register for that military duty. I talked to the consulates several times, there is no way they will give me an extension unless I go back and do the military duty. Bah!

My passport will expire in June 2004. So it has to be stamped by at the latest January 2004 according to what you say... I can't tell how INS will work in this situation because I know they are slow. My AOS will be filed with the Judge on July 10th. She said it will take 2-3 months for final hearing. So the passport will be still good. The question is what if the INS takes too long to call me for stamping...

I wouldn't worry about this at all because I will have the working authorization and I would wait the real greencard. But I have to have a document proving the legal status for the US military enlistment. I may have to ask the Army Recrutier to write a letter to the District Office, I heard they may give a letter stating I am a legal resident.

On the other hand, my I-765 is filed April 14th. My attorney received its receipt. So far I didn't hear anything, although St. Paul DO timeline says 1-7 days for working authorizations. It has been more than that!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You may be able to renew it by showing copy of I-130 and marriage certificate and Proof of citizenship of your wife. to your embassay.
    I know the consulate want to know the legal status to get renew the passports.( actually its not related to immigration in any way ,but still consulates want to know the status).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well I am telling you that I can NOT renew it!

I need a document to prove my resident status!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You should renew it, your attorney is wrong. it not "" stamp it ANY WAY" . its the requirement . passport has to be valid for more then 6 mo. what you will do if they deny to stamp? You know what your attorney will say. oh Go renew it and it will be stamped , not a biggie..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I talked to my attorney about it. He said INS will stamp it anyway. My passport will have 6 months or less at the time of stamping, so what am I supposed to do if less? Sit on my butt and wait? I am not traveling anywhere, I just need it to prove my resident status immediately to the military.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yet the real question appears to be whether Bushmaster meant the same thing as well...

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation