X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help--H1B filed after joining-Now problem with H1 transfer

Hello,

I was on H1 and then H4 visa. I got a job and my employer told me that They have filed H1 for me and as per H1 portability I can start working and told me to join on March 3.They didn't give me receit number or anything.
    After 2 months, I got receit number which shows that He filed I-129 for me after 2 months of my joining date.It is still in processing state not approved.
    Now I have got another job and that company told me since my date of start working and petition filing date doesn't match and I started working earlier than the petition, I no longer eligible for H1 Portability.It puts my case in bad shape as I was working unauthorized.

1)Could you please let me know the options what I have in this case so that my status in US is valid and Other company can file H1 visa for me and I can start working asap?
    2)Is there any way for me to withdraw this petition? Will that improve my chances?
    3) Isn't it employer responsibilty to file petition before joining ? Or Does it only put me in mess?
    Any suggestion and advise will be great relief.

Alice

Hello,

I was on H1 and then H4 visa. I got a job and my employer told me that They have filed H1 for me and as per H1 portability I can start working and told me to join on March 3.They didn't give me receit number or anything.
    After 2 months, I got receit number which shows that He filed I-129 for me after 2 months of my joining date.It is still in processing state not approved.
    Now I have got another job and that company told me since my date of start working and petition filing date doesn't match and I started working earlier than the petition, I no longer eligible for H1 Portability.It puts my case in bad shape as I was working unauthorized.

1)Could you please let me know the options what I have in this case so that my status in US is valid and Other company can file H1 visa for me and I can start working asap?
    2)Is there any way for me to withdraw this petition? Will that improve my chances?
    3) Isn't it employer responsibilty to file petition before joining ? Or Does it only put me in mess?
    Any suggestion and advise will be great relief.

Alice

Comment

is your H1B still not approved?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources