X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katycab
    replied
    As they say- the Nanny would come on a J-1 visa, which requires a return to home country with a 2 year bar of retruning afterward. If you know somebody in particular they *must* go through one of the few agencies, and must qualify in their English, their child care experience, and high school diploma.

Maids also must come through an agency because that would be an H2B visa. The job must be "temporary", though.

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    Michael, you needs meds!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wonder if I can get an Au Pair for my dog

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    http://www.aupairinamerica.com/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The great thing about having an Au Pair is that you get a hot 18-21 year old that you can bang on the side. If things work out you can ditch the wife.

Leave a comment:

• SERGIO
    replied
    Call the 800 number and ask if they have Au-Pairs from Indonesia.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Me2
    replied
    Thanks for the great info Sergio. I will try to look into it, and hope I will get a good nanny coz' totally my baby have to stay with her. I don't mind about house work coz' I can do it myself. I just want someone to look at my child whenever I'm at work.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SERGIO
    replied
    Me2

If the plan is to have a maid like we have at home, it might not work. Maids/nannies in other countries do everything. I am an ex- Au-Pair myself. They work 45hrs per week and do the children only. You pay the her $140 per week and pay the Agency about $6 000 per year. You will provide room and board - a good bedroom, TV/VCR/CABLE, own bathroom, car and $500 towards tuition. You will have to make her as comfortable as your family members because this is a "Cultural Exchange Program". She learns about the American culture and you learn hers. Indonesia or your home country will have to have an agent or Agency through which your maid will go and register with - if you choose the Au-Pair Path.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Au pairs come here on J-1 visa, not au pair visa. I do not know what kind of visa you would have to have for a maid, but I am sure there are companies that find you maids and issue an appropriate status for them.

Leave a comment:

• Me2
    replied
    I heard about that programme, but will it allow us to have a choice of our own. I prefer to take someone from Indonesia...coz' they considered a very good maid in my country. Other than that, I'm planning to have a baby and I don't want to send my baby to day care. I will try to check further about this. Have a nice day guy.

Leave a comment:

• ZabZub
    replied
    thks for the info Michael..

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    upppsss...!!

thanks michael...

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on January 08, 2004 at 01:52 AM.]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It is called an au pair visa; it must be done through an official au pair agency

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Go to "Au Pair In America" They have a web site and are considered the best program; be careful; some of these girls are scamsters; I met my ex wife when she was an au pair

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Wow ... I m planning for future too ... let's see what people say on it... I have a very good friend who is a good cook and i can trust him...if possible...i would like to bring him here...

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation