Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I inquire with INS about my I-140?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I inquire with INS about my I-140?

Hi, I applied for an I-140 in November 2002 (Vermont office) and my receipt notice document says the projected processing time frame is between 30 and 180 days.

I check the status of my case online regularly at BCIS and have noticed they have recently increased the projected time to 360 days. However, they also state the following:

"...if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
    The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the BCIS..."

Since my receipt notice stated 180 days, should I inquire with INS since it has already passed that? Or should I be patient and wait for the new 360 day timeframe?

Hi, I applied for an I-140 in November 2002 (Vermont office) and my receipt notice document says the projected processing time frame is between 30 and 180 days.

I check the status of my case online regularly at BCIS and have noticed they have recently increased the projected time to 360 days. However, they also state the following:

"...if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
    The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the BCIS..."

Since my receipt notice stated 180 days, should I inquire with INS since it has already passed that? Or should I be patient and wait for the new 360 day timeframe?

Comment

I am curious to know the answer in general for all forms since INS takes way longer than their own recommended time frames. What do you think Mohan/Umesh/Sammy...?

Comment

many of the time frame are projected wrong OR Projected time way off due to the backlog created by Special registration and national security system imposed for all cases.
        IN transition from INS and BCIS, servicing in the mode of updating all the time period and we may see changes in most of all catagories.
        IF the person has time frame which is going to expire within short period, he/she should the service to let alien know about the status of his/her application and actual time regatding his/her case.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation