X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien card expired

My 2 year conditional Permanent Resident card has expired
    I need to get an extension, the problem is my boss has put me on temporary leave until this is sorted out. Can anyone help me with this issue, my attorney says I have to wait for my extension but I am now unemployed and I need to work, anybody have any experiences with this situation. Thanks for your help

My 2 year conditional Permanent Resident card has expired
    I need to get an extension, the problem is my boss has put me on temporary leave until this is sorted out. Can anyone help me with this issue, my attorney says I have to wait for my extension but I am now unemployed and I need to work, anybody have any experiences with this situation. Thanks for your help

Comment

How come you noticed it only AFTER it expired? You could have had the condition lifted 90 days before expiration.

Comment

Unless you can demonstrate that extreme circunstances preclude you for timely file, your extension may be denied. Schedule an appointment with an attorney that practices immigration.

Comment

the permanent residency doesn't expire, it's only the card, and that is because it's a conditional one. You need to remove the condition to receive your new LPR card, to receive that you must qualify. For instance, what was the basis you initially received your card? Marriage? then that marriage must be still intact and bona fida. Even if you're "a bit" late, if you can prove why you didn't file timely you may be able to clear things up, but it can take up to 2+ yrs. So be prepared that you may not be able to work for that period of time.

Comment

see: http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...mcond.htm#late
            What if I am Late in Applying to Remove the Conditions on Residence?
            If you fail to properly file the Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) within the 90-day period before your second anniversary as a conditional resident, your conditional resident status will automatically be terminated and the Service will order removal proceedings against you. You will receive a notice from the Service telling you that you have failed to remove the conditions, and you will also receive a Notice to Appear at a hearing. At the hearing you may review and rebut the evidence against you. You are responsible for proving that you complied with the requirements (the Service is not responsible for proving that you did not comply with the requirements).

Comment

Additional info from BCIS website.
              The Form I-751 can be filed after the 90-day period if you can prove in writing to the director of the Regional Service Center that there was good cause for failing to file the petition on time. The director has the discretion to approve the petition and restore your permanent resident status.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs