Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would appreciate any advice.

Hi, I have been doing some research on the Net about immigrating to the US and have been very discouraged. I am 24 years old and I have a 4 year college degree in English, with a minor in Advertising, as well as one year experience in a technical field. I am willing to work hard and I don't consider myself to be too good for any job. I have tried to find work with companies who will sponsor my work visa but have not had any luck. I have looked into going to grad school in the US as well but I just don't have enough funds to cover the tuition and living and other expenses. I really want to immigrate to the US and make a better life for myself and I want to do it legally. It doesn't seem like I have too many options because I either need to have found an employer who is willing to sponsor me (and I have looked and looked - the reason that I have been unlucky so far is that these US companies prefer US citizens rather than take the trouble to sponsor a foreigner), have a US citizen fiance (as a matter of principle, I don't want to get married just to get a greencard), or relatives who are US citizens or permanent residents. Basically, I have no other options. I was just wondering if anyone here could give me some advice. What other paths are there that I can take? Like I said, I'm not too good for any job and I will wait tables or do housekeeping. I have never been convicted of any crime nor have I commited any. I know that there are thousands of people like me out there who want to make something of themselves in the US and these questions are repetitive and boring but I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you so much for any advice.

Hi, I have been doing some research on the Net about immigrating to the US and have been very discouraged. I am 24 years old and I have a 4 year college degree in English, with a minor in Advertising, as well as one year experience in a technical field. I am willing to work hard and I don't consider myself to be too good for any job. I have tried to find work with companies who will sponsor my work visa but have not had any luck. I have looked into going to grad school in the US as well but I just don't have enough funds to cover the tuition and living and other expenses. I really want to immigrate to the US and make a better life for myself and I want to do it legally. It doesn't seem like I have too many options because I either need to have found an employer who is willing to sponsor me (and I have looked and looked - the reason that I have been unlucky so far is that these US companies prefer US citizens rather than take the trouble to sponsor a foreigner), have a US citizen fiance (as a matter of principle, I don't want to get married just to get a greencard), or relatives who are US citizens or permanent residents. Basically, I have no other options. I was just wondering if anyone here could give me some advice. What other paths are there that I can take? Like I said, I'm not too good for any job and I will wait tables or do housekeeping. I have never been convicted of any crime nor have I commited any. I know that there are thousands of people like me out there who want to make something of themselves in the US and these questions are repetitive and boring but I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you so much for any advice.

Comment

You just summed up all the legal. With the current economic situation it is hard to find a sponsor. Keep trying is the best advise I can give you I'm afraid or try to get into college.

Comment

You sound like the kind of person we would welcome with open arms. Not once in your post did you mention some sneaky way to get around our laws. With your education, I would think you could teach. We are in desperate need of teachers. And there are special visas for teachers. Please look into that possibillity. And the best of luck to you. We need to make it easier for the desirable people to get in .And easier to get rid of those here illegally.

Comment

irene is right- we we are in dire need for teachers! i'm sure that you will be able to find a job- just keep on searching and good luck!

Comment

Why don't you try the Diversity Lottery 2004.
            It is going on right now. check out:
            www.state.gov

Goodluck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources