X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me, please...

Hi, how's everyone?

This will be a little complicated. I'm an asylee. I had an interview regarding my asylum application with asylum officer on June 12, 2001. Then, they asked me to come back 2 weeks later to get the decision letter.
    On June 20 2001, I got married. I came back to INS office to get the decision letter on June 26, 2001. It was a good news for me that I was approved. In the decision letter it was said that I was approved on June 12, 2001. (I thought the decision date would be the date when I came back to get the decision letter, but I was wrong)

My problem is when I filed I-730 (Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition), it was denied. The reason is because we got married after I was granted asylum.
    Is there any other way to get my husband to US? (He's still staying in my native country)
    Please, give me any advise. I can't stand having long distance relationship with my husband.
    Thank you so much.

Hi, how's everyone?

This will be a little complicated. I'm an asylee. I had an interview regarding my asylum application with asylum officer on June 12, 2001. Then, they asked me to come back 2 weeks later to get the decision letter.
    On June 20 2001, I got married. I came back to INS office to get the decision letter on June 26, 2001. It was a good news for me that I was approved. In the decision letter it was said that I was approved on June 12, 2001. (I thought the decision date would be the date when I came back to get the decision letter, but I was wrong)

My problem is when I filed I-730 (Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition), it was denied. The reason is because we got married after I was granted asylum.
    Is there any other way to get my husband to US? (He's still staying in my native country)
    Please, give me any advise. I can't stand having long distance relationship with my husband.
    Thank you so much.

Comment

To add more detail, I just applied for status adjustment last month. I also just knew that asylee's I-485 which was received on Feb 02 and up will be processed on year 2011-2012. Should I wait until 2012 and do family petition for my husband.
      The other options that I don't want to choose are going back to my native country (which means I lose my asylum status) or getting divorce. Ohhhhh, help me, please. I've been frustated since my asylee family petition was denied.

Comment

i did cam here as visa 1995. but my family came as permit (green card)lottery.my age was.22
        so i was unluky.after that my father did applay for (i-130)as unmarried son. after that i did got approvel notice from ins.but waiting to get my visa date .after 2 years i got married .to some one she was over stay visa too. i did wait untill my parents got the citiz. in 2001.so i did applaing for (i-130)as a married son of u s citiz. but this time i didn't got any approvel yet. i did went for the spicial regestration to keep my case open.but they arrest me for nating. and i did bonded out.i have a court date this month.my question is they will deporting me even i have 2 us citiz child. and all my family here. i don't have any one in my country. and can i stop the deportation or not? my application still pending .i been here 8 years

Comment

To PaU^_^PaU :

Your petition was denied because you got married after the date your asylum was granted. That is why they had suspected that marriage because of time frame. Moreover, it appears that you husband is in your country, so while you were here and he was there how you could marry. If this marriage was performed on Telephone even then it is not valid untill it is consumated. So in the eyes of the law, that marriage will not be valid.
          I am sorry for your situation. You are right, you can not go to your country as you can lose your Asylee status. You can not sponsor your husband until you are Permanent Resident here.

You can seek help from your Congressman and Senators as well as from Human Rights Advocates, by explaining your situation and this may help you to bring your husband to live with you.

May God bless you and open a way to bring your husband here asap.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response.
            You're right. However, he was in US when we got married. So, we did it here in city hall.
            Once again, thank you.

Comment

Hi Umesh,
              Sorry, I forgot to ask you something. My question is how to find Human Rights Advocates. I live in California right now.
              Please pray for me, thank you.

Comment

To PaU^_^PaU
                If your husband was here on Visa and you got married here that is a valid marriage. I would suggest you to contact your Congressman and Senators and seek their help. Laws are made to help people and not to punish them.
                God bless you.

Comment

To Sam:
                  You really have a sad story. It looks like that your stars were working always against you. Whatever you did it went wrong. Even when you married your wife also had no status.
                  You should check status of your application online at Immigration Status Check Online. Also write them a letter. Since you are now under deportation proceedings, so you need help of a good Immigration Attorney. Your Attorney, can make a request to Immigration Judge for you to allow Status here and while waiting for AOS, to request for an EAD.
                  Good luck.

Comment

I truly am soooooo sorry to hear both of your stories. I am so saddened to hear such stories because this is when I feel so helpless. My heart goes out to both of you.

To PaU^_^PaU,

I don't know if this is what you are exactly looking for, but you might try this web site to help you find the Human Rights Advocates in CA:

http://www.hrwcalifornia.org/

I hope this helps.

Good Luck and God Bless To Both Of You and Your Loved Ones. Just know that you are in my heart and in my prayers!

Comment

Thank you so much for your prayer.
                      I will keep up finding a way out. Thanks for the website.

Comment

The Congressman will take a while to reply me, but I will keep waiting and write to him again.

Let's say if I could prove that we were supposed to get married in city hall earlier but he didn't get ticket to come here until on 19th June 2001, would it be work to refile the petition again?

The truth is that was happened at that time. However, I do not know how to prove that Cathay Pacific was fully-booked until 19th June 2001. One more problem is he didn't want to use any other airplane service except Cathay Pacific.

Probably Umesh has some comments about it. Please.......
                        Thx.

Comment

I really am so sorry for all the worries and the trouble you are having to go through. I have been thinking of you and keeping you and your husband in my prayers. I am pushing you up because Umesh Passi is on the board and I have great faith that he will respond.

Good Luck to You and God Be With You!

Comment

To PaU^_^PaU :

You should not talk about delay in his flight otherwise it can create big problem for both of you. When he got Visa in his country, he did not tell the Visa Officer that he intends to live in the United States permanently.

As for Congressman, it will be best if you will go personally to his office, it will be better and fast to get a recommendation.

To White Female:
                            It looks like you are my good angel, who always guides me in a right direction and supports me unconditionally. Thanks.

God Bless You.

Comment

Yeah, you are right.
                              You know what? I'm so glad I can meet you people. You guys really support me.
                              Thank you so much for your prayer.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed