Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umesh/Mohan Help

I tried contacting a congress representative from my area, and today I received a letter where I was asked to provide him with all the information about my I-130. If I do this do you think that this might help me in a way to speed up the process of my application? I called NSC and they told me that since I am a LPR I have to wait 1 more year for my petition to be approved. On my receit it says 100-130 days to receive an answer and by now it has been almost 11 months. Please give me some ideas what am I supposed to do with my situation.

I tried contacting a congress representative from my area, and today I received a letter where I was asked to provide him with all the information about my I-130. If I do this do you think that this might help me in a way to speed up the process of my application? I called NSC and they told me that since I am a LPR I have to wait 1 more year for my petition to be approved. On my receit it says 100-130 days to receive an answer and by now it has been almost 11 months. Please give me some ideas what am I supposed to do with my situation.

Comment

Petitions filed by LPR usually take longer time because those Visas are not currently available and at Service Centers they give priority to those petitions for which Visas are current or will be available soon. Even if you will seek help from a congressman, still you will have to wait till visa numbers will be avilable according to priority date.
      Good luck.

Comment

thank you for your answer. I know that the visa is the worst problem since it takes a long time, but I just wanted to at least get some relief from all this. At least when my petition is approved I can actually say that something started...rather than just waiting. Besides, for the visa I have to file the affidavit of support so that doesn't actually have to do much with the approval of the I-130.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation