Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there anybody who could help me?

I`m from europe and I got married with a death row inmate last month. Now I`d like to move to the U.S. but someone told me that I would never get a green card bacause my husband is on death row. can anybody tell me if that is true? has anybody heart of someone in the same situation, who has got a greencard now? I don`t want to become a USC, all I want is a visa and a working permission till my husband is executet. I`d leave the U.S. right after his execution.

Thx Hope

This post is a trip. I have got to question your motives - why marry the guy, first off, if you'll never be together? Why leave when they execute him? Can you give us more info, because this message is raising all kinds of questions, and none of them are good.

Comment

kzcs;cjwq-0e219=qlz;cl-=31232-][lz[]ckds[pfkjsz"
      Z.wrswpkjfc[pskmapfl]qw0r-=3210=2pof=s[lv[]dxal[s]lf[\lo=twqt0-4329643i0i=tfg\tg429523=rpo[sq]lkv[]aq3043q2pfo=4032k,gs[pd'l,b \=w-53w\
      "C.sac

Comment

I married him, because I love him (it`s just that simple ;-) ) and I`d like to move to the U.S. to be able to see him as often as possible (at the moment I fligh over there once every month for 4 days) If I`d live in the U.S. I could see him every week. I want to leave the U.S. after his execution, cos there would be no reason anymore for me to stay there. And to be honest, I love my life in Europe, my husband is the only reason, why I could life in the U.S. for a few years.
        Hope

Comment

so... how did you meet him?

Comment

As far as I know, a person on "death row" is an aggravated felon and as such would not benefit from many of the rights a U.S. citizen has (such as sponsoring a foreign spouse to the U.S.).

I highly doubt and frankly highly question why you should gain permanent residency status.

Comment

as a warden of the state (or federal government) he wouldn't qualify for a variety of requirements for sponsorship, such as minimum earnings etc.

Comment

I worked for a human rights organisation and they needet someone to take care of him, that`s how we met.
                And I don`t need him to be a sponsor for me, I`ve got someone else to sign a sponsorship for me (a USC). Plus, with my education it would not be a problem to find a good job in the U.S. or open up my own bussiness like here in Europe. (medical bussiness)

Hope

Comment

well if marriage doesn't work, perhaps you could try for a work visa, or a student visa?

good luck!

Comment

thx x, I thought about a work visa too :-) I`d like to have my own bussiness again, so that would cross my plans, but if that turns out to be the only way, I`ll try that.

Hope

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed