Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE FASTES WAY TO BRING MY HUSMAN TO US

HELLO EVERY ONE I'M A US CITIZEN AND I WANT TO BRING MY HUSMAN TO USA WE ARE MARRIED SINCE 1998 AND HAVE TWO KIDS TOGETHER THEY ARE BORN IN THE US BUT NOW WE ARE SEPARATED BECUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE A GREEN CARD I HAVE ALL THE FORMS FILL OUT AND I TRANSLATED OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BRING HIM TO USA AND THE STEPS TO TAKE AND WHERE DO I HAVETO SEND ALL THE PAPERWORK IF I LIVE IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON.SOFIA

HELLO EVERY ONE I'M A US CITIZEN AND I WANT TO BRING MY HUSMAN TO USA WE ARE MARRIED SINCE 1998 AND HAVE TWO KIDS TOGETHER THEY ARE BORN IN THE US BUT NOW WE ARE SEPARATED BECUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE A GREEN CARD I HAVE ALL THE FORMS FILL OUT AND I TRANSLATED OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BRING HIM TO USA AND THE STEPS TO TAKE AND WHERE DO I HAVETO SEND ALL THE PAPERWORK IF I LIVE IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON.SOFIA

Comment

Hi Sopfia

Where is your husman now.. what country? Was he ever here in the USA, and if so .. Was he removed or did he leave voluntary? (This will make a difference.)

Did your marriage take place in foreign country? If so any translations have to be made by a "certified translator" to be able to be accepted in the paperwork and stamped as such. What paperwork forms have you filled out?

Just a few more details and background to help you and husman .. ok

Comment

HE HAVE NEVER BEING IN THE UNITED STATES AND YES WE GOT MARRIED AT THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
        I FILLED THE I-130 FORM AND THE G-325A
        I THOUG THAT I CAN TRANSLATED AND THEN TAKE IT TO A NOTARY PUBLIC AND THEN SEND IT
        IS THAT OK?
        WHAT ELSE DO I NEED BESIDE A COPY OF MY NATURALIZATION CERTIFIATE AN A PICTURE OF HIM AND MY SELF .

Comment

read the USCIS website regarding K3 visa. after you get a receipt from the 1-130, send a copy of that receipt and complete an 1-129F and mail it to chicago, this initiates the K3 visa. I think you mail on 1st petition, 1-130, g325 forms, 2 adit photos (1 of you and 1 of husband - have him pick up several of the adit style passport photos and send them to you its also required for the 1-129F filing), and marriage certificate/translation, and you may (not sure been a while) need to submit copies of your passport pages showing you were in the dominican republic etc. All the facts for the required enclosures is on the immigration website.

Comment

DO THIS HOLE PROCESS WILL TAKE YEARS ?
            AND DO I HAVE TO SEND THE COPY OF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF OUR KIDS ?
            WHAT IMIGRATION CENTER (NEBRASKA, VERMONT, HERE IN SEATTLE OR?
            SHOULD I SEND IT TROUGH REGULAR MAIL OF EXPRESS SEVICESS?

Comment

Sofia, it will be best to hire a lawyer to help you in filling the right papers.

Comment

Check the website under K3 spousal visa.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

you dont need a lawyer, but you do need to do everything exactly as they say. dont leave anything out. you find out the service center (its one of four in the usa) by the state you live in. right now depending on the embassy where it goes its taking about 6 months to 1-1/2 yrs to complete the process. you dont need copies of your kid's birth certificates to do this filing in usa. your spouse will probably like to show that at his interview in the foreign country. please read the www.immigration.gov website, and do exactly what these instructions tell you.

Comment

SOFIA,

Given your command of the english language, I highly doubt your translation is very good.

It is 'husband' not 'husman'.

Comment

SOFIA: The fastway to bring your husband to US will be if you can travel to Dominican Republic, and go to US Embassy and file I-130, G-325 and I-134 You will need a certified marriage certificate and if divorce then divorce decree, and kids birth certificates and two photos of each+Fees. The Consul Officer will approved the I-130 at the same time. This will be the fast way. this is my feeling. Let see what others had to say.

Comment

Check with US Embassy at Dominican Republic if they do DCF (Direct Consular Filing). If they does, its the fastest way. Its better to do that specially the marriage also took at your country. Ask your husband to check with US Embassy there and I what kind of form he needs to fill. Don't expect things will be done within one or two weeks. The fastest of DCF is about 2 months or more. Its also depends on how your do your paperwork. I suggest, READ AND READ the instructions carefully before submitting anything to the embassy. Also its involve lots of money. This including form fees, postage and medical exam.

I'm not a lawyer, pls act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by irritated2:

SOFIA,

Given your command of the english language, I highly doubt your translation is very good.

It is 'husband' not 'husman'.

Julie, this is exactly why she needs a lawyer.

Her English comprehension might be way off too. Unless of course the forms can be filled out in her native language.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation