Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV2004 winner - Am I Out Of Status? Help

I entered the US in 1984 on F1 visa and finally left Dec 1996. During this period I transferred colleges, changed and dropped courses, and was in and out of status many times. However, i never worked in the US.

Since leaving the US in 1996, i have made numerous trips to the US on B1 Visa and have always left on time.
    I recently won the DV2004 and plan to do CP and I have a question.

Since 1997 there has been a 3yr/10yr bar for overstayer/out of status. But since I left the US in 1996 I do not fall under this new rule. How far back will the Consulate check to see if I have any status violation. Will my DV application be rejected?

Does it mean that I should not even send in my 230 forms (since I have no chance) so that at least I can still continue to visit on my B1 visa.

I entered the US in 1984 on F1 visa and finally left Dec 1996. During this period I transferred colleges, changed and dropped courses, and was in and out of status many times. However, i never worked in the US.

Since leaving the US in 1996, i have made numerous trips to the US on B1 Visa and have always left on time.
    I recently won the DV2004 and plan to do CP and I have a question.

Since 1997 there has been a 3yr/10yr bar for overstayer/out of status. But since I left the US in 1996 I do not fall under this new rule. How far back will the Consulate check to see if I have any status violation. Will my DV application be rejected?

Does it mean that I should not even send in my 230 forms (since I have no chance) so that at least I can still continue to visit on my B1 visa.

Comment

What's your number and what country are from?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation