Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Ties And INS

Can someone please explain to me how a country this great and admired can hold family ties and unity with so much contempt? How can you grant someone a Green card and tell them if they marry a non citizen that they have to wait for years before they can bring their spouse or children?

The immigration laws seems to have be enacted to break up marraiges and frustrate families. If you come here illegally, it is easier to to get an amnesty that it is for a GC holder to bring a spouse or child!

The government should make it easier for families with legitimate and credible ties to be united. I
    do not understand how the frustration and pain that people go through to reunite with their spouses and children should be ignore or glossed over.

Can someone please explain to me how a country this great and admired can hold family ties and unity with so much contempt? How can you grant someone a Green card and tell them if they marry a non citizen that they have to wait for years before they can bring their spouse or children?

The immigration laws seems to have be enacted to break up marraiges and frustrate families. If you come here illegally, it is easier to to get an amnesty that it is for a GC holder to bring a spouse or child!

The government should make it easier for families with legitimate and credible ties to be united. I
    do not understand how the frustration and pain that people go through to reunite with their spouses and children should be ignore or glossed over.

Comment

The immigration process in many countries is not exactly 'family friendly'. Many people state that if you want you can always go back to where your family is... However, it is not anywhere near that simple. I think more people would understand this if they had to undergo the experiences that many people endure that cause them to leave their native countries, often with their lives in peril... What many people miss is the fact that family based petitions are much quicker when sponsored by a citizen instead of a PR. So often the shortest path is to obtain citizenship first then bring the family in. But that still takes a decade or two... What people are trying to avoid is the immigration of many people sponsored by one person (Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Aunts, etc...).

Where I think the process could be vastly improved would be to speed up the process for minor children and spouses... That would be the humane approach to this issue...

Comment

I guess it's easy for someone who is a Citizen to tell GC holders to go back to their Countries to meet their family members, yet these are the same people who would have been buying my tee shirt if i was a sport star. I do not see the IRS refusing to tax permanent residents because they are not citizens. If you are here legally why should the Law purnish you and seperate you from your family?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation