Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiancee visa expired

I have a friend who came to the U.S to marry an american citizen. It didn't work out, now her fiancee visa expired. She met another guy who is a U.S. citizen also and married him instead. Is she going to be in trouble for marrying this guy other than the guy who initially petition her? Please reply.

I have a friend who came to the U.S to marry an american citizen. It didn't work out, now her fiancee visa expired. She met another guy who is a U.S. citizen also and married him instead. Is she going to be in trouble for marrying this guy other than the guy who initially petition her? Please reply.

Comment

Yes I think she will have trouble. From all that I have read online she has to marry the person who was her original petitioner. What she should have done was left before the ninety days expired and had her new fiancée do a K-1. There are one or so exceptions where they will allow the fiancée to stay without marrying the original petitioner but I think she has to prove she was abused.

But check these links out there are some lawyers who answers questions there I think you might be able to get some better information there. One or both of them may ask you to register but it is free.

http://immigratingtoamerica.com/phpBB2/

http://www.immigration-information.c...cd852cf2a670e8

Just copy and paste the links on the address line.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation