Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi Megan. I am also from the Philippines and my name is also Megan :-) My fiance and I plan to get married next year. Do you have an email where we can correspond? Thank you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Keep us posted. I wish you the best of luck and happiness.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hope this nightmare will be finally over for you on Monday, so that you can get back to your life.

Good luck!

Paudy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, the update is that he got a call today finally from the Embassy. It's TWELVE WEEKS (read that three months) from the time of his interview and subsequent investigation. He is to go there on Monday afternoon and bring his passport and his pictures. No word on why the delay.

Not out of the woods until that thing is in his passport. Then I send him the airline ticket!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks Megan. They appear to be focused on a relationship I had before--like that this one is too close to the other one to be 'for real'. And I'm the USC so I don't know why they care about MY LIFE. I told them that the months that it takes to process this silly thing were the 'interval' between. The heart is very fickle sometimes. Anyway, I told them that the first guy was God's way of introducing me to the second guy--the one I was meant to be with. They did all sorts of investigation and now we're still waiting. Now they are focusing on the age difference. No denial, just NOTHING.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As long as you have proof that the relationship exists (and I'm sure you do), I don't see any reason why you should be denied. Yes, I know a friend who was denied. But this was entirely his fault. Although he showed letters and photos to prove their relationship, during the interview, he cannot confidently answer "BASIC" questions like the birthdate of his girlfriend, where she works, etc. Thus, he was denied.

I went through the same process. I brought my "evidences" (phone bills, photos, letters). Their only question was why we didn't meet in either one of our respective countries (we went and met in Mexico). I honestly told them that I was denied a tourist visa bec I have a pending (family-based/immig) petition filed by my mom; and I wanted him to meet my mother (who is a naturalized U.S. citizen, residing in California). So, Mexico was the best option bec we didn't have to spend so much on airfare (letting him and Mom travel to the Philippines is a lot more expensive). I got approved that same day, and paid for courier services. My visa was delivered after 6 days.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The information I posted should lead you to believe that the INS did not deny the PETITION. The petition was approved (see above) three months ago. The interview was done (see above) two and a half months ago. The investigation was complete a month ago. However, for whatever reason they have not called him back to the Embassy to pick up the visa. THIS is what I am asking about. Has anyone ever been denied AT THE INTERVIEW and for what reason?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a friend who waited a whole year before the K1 was issued. Supposedly there was some screw-up with the INS (application/paper work was lost). So perhaps you should check with the INS.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Where is he from? I am getting ready to file for a K-visa and I am not sure what I am getting into. Please let me know walso what kind of evidence you gave them with the I-29 application to show that there is a "relationship" Thank You.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am desperate to know if ANYONE has ever been denied a K-1 visa or if you know anyone that has. Please let me know the reason and what you did about it.

We haven't been denied, but it has been TEN WEEKS since his interview and three weeks since they completed their 'further investigation' which entailed talking to him, his mother, his friends, me, his co-workers, my ex-boyfriend in the same country...still no visa so we are thinking they will deny although there is no legal, factual or reasonable basis for it.

Need to know if anyone else has been through this.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic ANYONE EVER BEEN DENIED A K-1?

ANYONE EVER BEEN DENIED A K-1?

I am desperate to know if ANYONE has ever been denied a K-1 visa or if you know anyone that has. Please let me know the reason and what you did about it.

We haven't been denied, but it has been TEN WEEKS since his interview and three weeks since they completed their 'further investigation' which entailed talking to him, his mother, his friends, me, his co-workers, my ex-boyfriend in the same country...still no visa so we are thinking they will deny although there is no legal, factual or reasonable basis for it.

Need to know if anyone else has been through this.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney