X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help Question on I-129F

Hello everyone,
    Thanks for taking time to read my question. My Fiance is in India and I have selected the New Delhi office as the US Embassy for over seas. I wanted to know Once the US Embassy in New Delhi get's the letter from NVC saying the file is approved. I wanted to know do they send my Fiance in the mail just Packet 3 and then she has to fill out Packet 3 and then they will send Packet 4 once Packet 3 is received. Or will they send her Packet 3 & 4 together at once and she will take all the packet info filled out with her on the interview date given to her. Can some one please clearify this for me. Thanks
    Vpatel

Hello everyone,
    Thanks for taking time to read my question. My Fiance is in India and I have selected the New Delhi office as the US Embassy for over seas. I wanted to know Once the US Embassy in New Delhi get's the letter from NVC saying the file is approved. I wanted to know do they send my Fiance in the mail just Packet 3 and then she has to fill out Packet 3 and then they will send Packet 4 once Packet 3 is received. Or will they send her Packet 3 & 4 together at once and she will take all the packet info filled out with her on the interview date given to her. Can some one please clearify this for me. Thanks
    Vpatel

Comment

It's my understanding that your fiancee will receive Packet #3 first. In that packet there is a form that needs to be returned to the embassy/consulate when your fiancee has gathered all the necessary documents (passport, birth certificate, etc. listed). When your fiancee returns the form (they do not send the documents) they will receive Packet #4 which contains information on where they can get their medical exam and then an interview date will be set. Please correct me if any of this is in error. Good luck

Comment

Hey I just wanted to make sure you are aware, that the NVC sends the approved petition to the consulate with jurisdiction over where ur finance lives. You dont get to "select" which embassy they use. It could be Mumbai consulate as well.

Comment

Hey Julie,
          But in the I-129F form question number 20 said "Your Fiance will apply for a visa abroad at the American Consulate in" So for this questoin i typed in New-Delhi. So does that still mean the NVC can decide where to have the Fieance Visa Interview? ALso I wanted to know that if for any chance the Interview and all the packets have to be done at the Mumbai consulate will my fiance gether visa from the Mumbai office or will she have to travel to New-Delhi. Why I am asking this is becuase I heard about this one guy who had filed for his interview in Mumbai and when he got his paper work it had an interview in New-Delhi and then the New-Delhi office told him he has to go to the Mumbai office to pick up his Visa and the people in the New-Delhi office posted in the computer system that the guy has got his visa when he really did not have it becuase he was sent to Mumbai to pick it up. So i want to make sure that does not happen to me. So that's is why I wrote New Delhi in the I-129F form I filled out for my Fiance. Becuase they do nto say on the I-129F to pick a close location. I put New-Delhi down becuase that is the capital of India.

Comment

Best to check the www.travel.state.gov website, go to the country India, and check the individual embassies; they list which cities they have jurisdiction over. For this question on that form, I only entered India.

Comment

Hey Julie,
              I was trying to look for this information and I am not able to locate it. Can you please send me the direct links to the websites with this jurisdiction info. Please if you dont mind
              Thanks

Comment

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhk.html

Comment

The New Delhi consular district includes the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and the Union Territory of Delhi. American citizens in the New Delhi consular district who need assistance, have specific questions, or who wish to register as U.S. citizens

If you surf all the embassies, Chennai, Calcutta, Mumbai, Delhi, they have a page thats lists the jurisdiction. FYI, my spouse lives in Calcutta, and there is an embassy there, however, NVC sent his file to Mumbai for processing. I also know another girl with same type situation, spouse in Calcutta, however, case to Mumbai. I dont understand the logic, but then again, I quit trying to figure out the state dept

Comment

Hey Julie,
                    Thanks alot for the reply. But I wanted to know will there be any problems if the file is sent from the NVC to Mumbai. I mean will they give my Fieance the run around and say that the interview is in Mumbai but since me and sponsor has said New Delhi in the I-129F that means she has to pick up her fieance visa from New-Delhi or will they give her the visa in the same place the interview is taken.
                    Please reply
                    Thanks

Comment

Also Julie,
                      If your Spouse lived in Calcutta and even if they had an Embassy in Calcutta but was sent to Mumbai for the visa process. I wanted to know was there any problem or delay with the process in Mumbai? I just wanted to know. Please reply if you dont mind
                      Thanks a million for all your help.

Comment

Hey Billiedance,
                        I wanted to know can you tell me which forms will be in Packet number three. Will it be 2 DS-156 forms and one DS-156K form which my fieance will fill out but not sign until told my officer at interview. Please reply
                        P.S. So the documents that are collected will be taken by her after packet #4 comes in the mail and to the day of the interview

Comment

Dear vpatel: I'm trying to find out the same thing. I have a basic understanding but haven't actually spoken with anyone who has had the experience so I'm trying to gather info. I know it's probably different in different countries but the basics should be the same. Maybe we'll gather the information together. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation