Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring Spouse ( Umesh ?)

Hi Umesh or anyone else, need you expert opinion on this one.

A friend (Permanent Resident) would like to Sponsor his wife (Canadian Citizen). What is the process for that and his best options. I think V visa is out of picture since it is part of LIFE act and the case needs to have been filed before 2000. His attorney thinks V visa is srtill posible. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi Umesh or anyone else, need you expert opinion on this one.

A friend (Permanent Resident) would like to Sponsor his wife (Canadian Citizen). What is the process for that and his best options. I think V visa is out of picture since it is part of LIFE act and the case needs to have been filed before 2000. His attorney thinks V visa is srtill posible. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

First of all your friend should sponsor his wife by filing I-130. Since he has GC, it will take several years for her to come on Immigrant Visa. Being a Canadian Citizen, she can travel to the United States to live with your friend. As soon as your friend will be eligible for Naturalization, he should apply for that. Once he becomes citizen, then his petition can be upgraded and his wife will be here in couple of months.
      Good luck.

Comment

What about V visa, does she qualify for that. Could you provide your feedback on V visa.
        Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed