Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance and INS

I wonder if anybody could help me. I was given visa till the 15 September. However, I was working, obvioulsly not legaly, in the building constraction. Unfortunately, I fell of the ladder and sprained both mu ankles which were swollen so much that I am out of work for more than 2 week and I still do not know for how long. Additionaly, I am a dancer and in the evening I was supposed to dance in the dance studio which I attend. My problem is: Can I sue the boss who did not pay me any money for this time. and what could be the consequences the boss can put on me while I have got my petition pending in the INS to change the status. Can my boss put me into troubles? If so in what way? I mean I am afraid that if I make the case from his insurance for the accident he may revenge and call or write INS what then?
    Greg

I wonder if anybody could help me. I was given visa till the 15 September. However, I was working, obvioulsly not legaly, in the building constraction. Unfortunately, I fell of the ladder and sprained both mu ankles which were swollen so much that I am out of work for more than 2 week and I still do not know for how long. Additionaly, I am a dancer and in the evening I was supposed to dance in the dance studio which I attend. My problem is: Can I sue the boss who did not pay me any money for this time. and what could be the consequences the boss can put on me while I have got my petition pending in the INS to change the status. Can my boss put me into troubles? If so in what way? I mean I am afraid that if I make the case from his insurance for the accident he may revenge and call or write INS what then?
    Greg

Comment

Since you were working illegally You ca'nt prove
      your case and if your boss knows your status he may hand over you to INS.
      If Ins comes to know you were working without the EAD your status ca'nt be adjusted in future
      So Be careful and consult attorney before getting into any trouble

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident. The bottom line is that your immigration future is at stake if you try to sue. Whomever is involved with this legal process (should you persue it) WILL find out that you are not supposed to work. If you deceived your employer and lied to them that you can work, then you could have bigger problems. Working without authorization is basically a risk that you choose to take.
        You can consult a lawyer about this as they may recommend a solution to your problem, but since you weren't supposed to work in the first place, its really tough. Do what you can to better your injuries and good luck.

Comment

Actually the employer knew that I have no permission to woek, because I was paid my cash. He does not pay me any money now when I am out of work. But I am afraid that just as a revenge he can claim that I was working in his company. What do you think about this? On the other hand, does not he realize that he can also have troubles giving the information that he employes workers illegaly.
          Greg

Comment

i hope you will get better soon ,but when you start to work you knew that you dont have the right to work and you dont have insurance ,he give you a job man,u are in his country,and you want to fight in court with him,this is not nice at all,i pray to god for your health,but did he force you to work ?

Comment

In your best interest just try to forget all about this otherwise you will be calling more trouble for you.You will notbe entitled to get any kind of benifit like USC
              GOOD LUCK

Comment

I was working for a home builder in 1993. He hired aliens with no EAD. He was caught. The illegal workers were placed in deportation proceedings and he received a hefty fine for hiring them. He had to go to court and came close to losing his license. He claimed he did not know they were not legal. It didn't matter. The court said it was his responsiblity to find out. Nothing else happened to him but the slap on the wrist and a fine. The illegal workers got the worst of it.

It all started when another worker got mad and began gossiping that some of the workers were not legal. Someone else who did not work there got wind of it and called the INS.

It's probably best to stop working all together until you are legally allowed to work. I would hate to hear that you were placed in deportation proceedings.
                You might want to try to find an employer who will sponsor you.

Comment

I think that it is time for you to go back home to your country. You know that your boss did you a favor by letting you work, but things did not work out as planned. That was a risk you took. Call it even, get medical care and do not overstay your visa.

In the meantime start looking for ways to be and work here legally.
                  Goodluck

Comment

I would hardly call that a favor. It was illegal. It will be extremely difficult to get an employer to sponsor you if you do construction work. The employer has to look for Americans to hire first. Lots of Americans do construction. That avenue wont work. I hope you are in love cause your only chance of staying here is to wait for the next i245 or get married to an American girlfriend that you are in love with.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation