Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying USA citizen query

I am currently out of status by nearly 12 months. I am Australian by birth. Soon, I am marrying my American fiancee. Does anyone know or have experiences with how long it will take until I can work in the US and visit Australia and be able to re-enter the US without any problems ? Is it likely I will have to go back to Australia until all the paperwork is done ? Is it best to get an immigration lawyer to do it all for us? Does anyone know roughly what the entire process would cost with a lawyer handling it ? Any help is greatly appreciated

I am currently out of status by nearly 12 months. I am Australian by birth. Soon, I am marrying my American fiancee. Does anyone know or have experiences with how long it will take until I can work in the US and visit Australia and be able to re-enter the US without any problems ? Is it likely I will have to go back to Australia until all the paperwork is done ? Is it best to get an immigration lawyer to do it all for us? Does anyone know roughly what the entire process would cost with a lawyer handling it ? Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Marriage can cure the unlawful status, but issues arise if you want to travel. You may be subject to a 10 year bar if you leave the U.S., even with advance parole.

Normally, you obtain the Employment Authorization Document about 60 to 90 days after you file your petition for permanent residence. It really depends on where you file.

You can file in the U.S. without having to leave.

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me at info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation