Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORTING AN IMMIGRANT OFFENDER

I WAS HIT AND RUN BY A TRUCK DRIVER BACK IN FEBURARY OF THIS YEAR. THE STATE POLICE TRACKED HIM DOWN AND CHARGED HIM WITH SEVERAL OFFENSES: THE MOST SERIOUS IS HIT AND RUN WITH INJURIES. THE GUY WHO HIT ME TURNS OUT TO BE AWAITING NATURALIZATION LATER THIS YEAR. THE DA OFFERED TO PLEA BARGAIN WITH THE GUY AND REDUCE THE CHARGES ON THE HIT AND RUN. HE AGREED, HOWEVER AT HIS INITIAL ARRAIGNMENT, HIS ATTORNEY ASKED FOR A CONTINUANCE BECAUSE HIS CLIENT NEEDED AN INTERPRETER. AT THE CONTINUANCE, THE GUY AGREED TO PLEA BARGAIN (HE DID NOT NEED AN INTERPRETER). HIS DATE IN COURT WAS SET FOR AUGUST. NOW HIS ATTORNEY FILED A MOTION TO POSTPONE THE COURT DATE TO OCTOBER. I'M AFRAID THAT THE GUY JUST WANTS TO GET NATURALIZED, THEN DENY ALL CHARGES. THE RISK OF DEPORTATION HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BY HIS ATTORNEY AS A REASON WHY HIS CLIENT WILL NOT ADMIT HIS GUILT IN THE CASE. MEANWHILE, I CANNOT GET ANY REIMBERRSEMENT FROM HIS INSURANCE COMPANY. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN CONTACT SOMEONE TO INFORM THEM OF THIS GUYS TACTICS?

I WAS HIT AND RUN BY A TRUCK DRIVER BACK IN FEBURARY OF THIS YEAR. THE STATE POLICE TRACKED HIM DOWN AND CHARGED HIM WITH SEVERAL OFFENSES: THE MOST SERIOUS IS HIT AND RUN WITH INJURIES. THE GUY WHO HIT ME TURNS OUT TO BE AWAITING NATURALIZATION LATER THIS YEAR. THE DA OFFERED TO PLEA BARGAIN WITH THE GUY AND REDUCE THE CHARGES ON THE HIT AND RUN. HE AGREED, HOWEVER AT HIS INITIAL ARRAIGNMENT, HIS ATTORNEY ASKED FOR A CONTINUANCE BECAUSE HIS CLIENT NEEDED AN INTERPRETER. AT THE CONTINUANCE, THE GUY AGREED TO PLEA BARGAIN (HE DID NOT NEED AN INTERPRETER). HIS DATE IN COURT WAS SET FOR AUGUST. NOW HIS ATTORNEY FILED A MOTION TO POSTPONE THE COURT DATE TO OCTOBER. I'M AFRAID THAT THE GUY JUST WANTS TO GET NATURALIZED, THEN DENY ALL CHARGES. THE RISK OF DEPORTATION HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BY HIS ATTORNEY AS A REASON WHY HIS CLIENT WILL NOT ADMIT HIS GUILT IN THE CASE. MEANWHILE, I CANNOT GET ANY REIMBERRSEMENT FROM HIS INSURANCE COMPANY. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN CONTACT SOMEONE TO INFORM THEM OF THIS GUYS TACTICS?

Comment

I don't think he will be able to naturalize as long as the case is not entirely closed (in who's favor whatsover! And it should be in yours, clearly! if....)

Where you intoxicated, or behaving in any unlawfull manner when you were hit (jaywalking, crossing traffic at red etc.?) If not, I can't see how the judge would postphone the decision....

Good luck and good recover to you! Forgive and forget if you can...

Comment

Sic your attorney on him! His naturalization will be suspended pending the outcome of this case. He may still be naturalized, but nothing will happen until the judge makes a ruling, or the case is settled out of court. I'm sorry about what happened to you. It happened to me, too, a little hispanic gal in a small car t-boned me and ran. These are the people who give immigrants a really bad name and reputation. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation