Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help marriage question

We just got married. Does the BCIS call for interview when they issue the temporary white card (green card) or do they just mail it, And if they do call for interview what kind of question they ask?. Please help me I really need to know as soon as possible.
    I thank you in advance.

We just got married. Does the BCIS call for interview when they issue the temporary white card (green card) or do they just mail it, And if they do call for interview what kind of question they ask?. Please help me I really need to know as soon as possible.
    I thank you in advance.

Comment

I'm not a lawyer but this is what I've learnt over the years. They won't call you, they will want to see you and your spouse, ask you questions and make sure your marriage is not a scam.
      Once you marry and send all the right paperwork you will have to wait for them TO SEND YOU the appointment for the interview. It may take months. Then if everything goes ok they will grant you a conditional green card ( and so on...you can read about this in many posts in the board)

Comment

Saf,
        you got things backward my friend. You get interviewed first (that can take from 6 months to 2 years based on your location), then if everything goes well, you get ussued a green card.

OxO

Comment

How BCIS suppose to interview you if you don't file your case with them?

Marriage is the different things from BCIS. You have to file, then only BCIS will proceed with other steps, like issue you Employment Authorization (EAD), SS#, interview and green card.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation