Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overstay

Can anyone please help me, I came here on a visitors visa I94 and have overstayed, but now have problems back home. Can you tell me if I have not overstayed by 180 days will I be stopped from returning to the USA. I also donot have my I94 anymore what problems if any will I face when I check in at the airport?? or will the fact that I am leaving the country be enough . I have very good reasons for wanting to return. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me, Thank you

Can anyone please help me, I came here on a visitors visa I94 and have overstayed, but now have problems back home. Can you tell me if I have not overstayed by 180 days will I be stopped from returning to the USA. I also donot have my I94 anymore what problems if any will I face when I check in at the airport?? or will the fact that I am leaving the country be enough . I have very good reasons for wanting to return. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me, Thank you

Comment

Since you had overstayed, you will definitely have problem while coming back to the United States. Because of overstay, your visa is automatically cancelled. If you will leave within 180 days of overstay then you still have chances to seek new Visa. If your overstay is more than 180 or 365 days then you will be barred for 3 and 10 years respectively.
      Good luck

Comment

Thank you for your input it is much appreciated. When I travelled here the first time I came on a visa waiver I94, if I was to try and travel back in the same way would the airport I enter through be aware of my past overstay? Would they stop me from entering at the passport desk?

Comment

For Visa Waiver countries usually they do not care but it depends on mood of the Immigration Officer processing your entry. I would suggest you not to take chances and next time try to get Visa from American Consulate from your country to enter the United States to avoid complications.
          Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for your advice Umesh Passi, it was much appreciated THANK YOU

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation