Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCIS and Embassy bickering over who's right

I'm stuck in the middle of bickering between BCIS and the Embassy in London over who has the correct interpretation of law. BCIS changed my status to E-1 but the Embassy says they will not issue the appropriate visa because they believe BCIS made a mistake. BCIS refuses to accept that so here I am, stuck in the US and unable to travel. What on earth can I do? Confused of FL

I'm stuck in the middle of bickering between BCIS and the Embassy in London over who has the correct interpretation of law. BCIS changed my status to E-1 but the Embassy says they will not issue the appropriate visa because they believe BCIS made a mistake. BCIS refuses to accept that so here I am, stuck in the US and unable to travel. What on earth can I do? Confused of FL

Comment

Contact a congressman, contact the head of the State Dept, get a lawyer.

Comment

Now if that dont beat all. Give me a break...this is what I call government customer service at its best! The two agencies (Homeland Security and State) just signed a memo or understanding. Hire an attorney, give that to the attorney and pray! Aint this a kicker!

Comment

thanks Julie and Dad of 3. Yep, I think the only way through this mess is for a Judge to decide - lets hope in the plaintiff's favor though!!!!

Comment

middle of bickering between BCIS and the Embassy in London over who has the correct interpretation of law. BCIS changed my status to E-1 but the Embassy says they will not issue the appropriate visa because they believe BCIS made a mistake. BCIS refuses to accept that so here I am, stuck in the US and unable to travel. What on earth can I do? Confused of FL

Julie
            posted October 14, 2003 05:29 AM
            Contact a congressman, contact the head of the State Dept, get a lawyer.

Dad of 3
            posted October 14, 2003 07:41 PM
            Now if that dont beat all. Give me a break...this is what I call government customer service at its best! The two agencies (Homeland Security and State) just signed a memo or understanding. Hire an attorney, give that to the attorney and pray! Aint this a kicker!

cfi
            posted October 14, 2003 10:12 PM
            thanks Julie and Dad of 3. Yep, I think the only way through this mess is for a Judge to decide - lets hope in the plaintiff's favor though!!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic

ILW.COM Homepage discuss.ilw.com Immigration Discussion BCIS and Embassy bickering over who's right Reply

Contact Us | ILW.COM Homepage | Privacy Statement
            © Copyright 1999-2003 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigration Daily- the unmatched news resource for legal professionals. Free! Join 9000+ readers
            Enter your email address here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ILW.COM Home page | Advertise on ILW.COM | Link to us | About us | Terms of use
            The Immigration Portal from the leading immigration law publisher
            Over 25000 pages of free information!
            FIND A LAWYER More options
            State:
            All Alabama - AL Alaska - AK Arizona - AZ Arkansas - AR California - CA Colorado - CO Connecticut - CT Delaware - DE Florida - FL Georgia - GA Hawaii - HI Idaho - ID Illinois - IL Indiana - IN Iowa - IA Kansas - KS Kentucky - KY Louisiana - LA Maine - ME Maryland - MD Massachusetts - MA Michigan - MI Minnesota - MN Mississippi - MS Missouri - MO Montana - MT Nebraska - NE Nevada - NV New Hampshire - NH New Jersey - NJ New Mexico - NM New York - NY North Carolina - NC North Dakota - ND Ohio - OH Oklahoma - OK Oregon - OR Pennsylvania - PA Rhode Island - RI South Carolina - SC South Dakota - SD Tennessee - TN Texas - TX Utah - UT Vermont - VT Virginia - VA Washington - WA District of Columbia - DC West Virgina - WV Wisconsin - WI Wyoming - WY Newfoundland & Labrador - NF Nova Scotia - NS New Brunswick - NB Quebec - PQ Ontario - ON Manitoba - MB Saskatchewan - SK Alberta - AB British Columbia - BC Specialty:
            All Asylum Business Citizenship and Relinquishment Consular Practice Deportation Employer Sanctions Family General Investor HIV/AIDS Labor Certification Litigation Medical Naturalization Canada/Mexico TN Visas Charitable/Religious Organizations Students Language:
            All Arabic Armenian Azari Bengali Bicol Bulgarian Cambodian Cantonese Chinese Circassian Creole Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Farsi Filipino Finnish Flemish French German Gujarati Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Kannada Konkani Korean Lao Lithuanian Luxembourgish Malay Mandarin Norwegian Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Serbian Slovenian Spanish Swedish Swiss Tagalog Taiwanese Tamil Telugu Thai Tulu Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Vietnamese

Search for: Advanced search
            Immigrants & Employers
            "¢ Find a lawyer
            "¢ Immigrant's Weekly
            "¢ Chat with lawyers
            "¢ Immigration info
            "¢ New to America
            "¢ Processing times
            "¢ Download forms
            "¢ Immigrant store
            "¢ Discussion board
            "¢ Immigration Canada