Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Visa Success!!!!

Yesterday my fiance recieved his K-1 Visa at the Vancouver Consulate!!! You know I have read so in interest all the problems that people are having on this board and I think it boils down to a couple things. First off educate yourself about everything. Check every thing you do over and over and over again to make sure it is right. Be completely honest and upfront about yourself and your life. Do not attempt to go around the rules or the law. I think people can be their own worst enemy's and do not take responsibility for those actions that eventually come back to bite them in the butt, and then blame the system. I'm not saying the system is perfect but it can work if you are willing to take ownership of your life and responsiblity. If you can't understand it hire a lawyer. This is our lives we are talking about here. It takes care. Anything worth having is worth working and waiting for.

Our timeframes: submitted 8/27/02 to CSC
    2nd NOA: 10/30/02
    Packet 3: 11/4/02
    we waited for his passport and other paperwork and set up the apt for 2/12/02 including doing the medical that same day. (Yesterday).
    Recvd K-l: 2/12/02 YEAH!!!

It is a wonderful life! It can be for anyone who is willing to just try. Thanks to all those wonderful people who have given so much helpful information.

Yesterday my fiance recieved his K-1 Visa at the Vancouver Consulate!!! You know I have read so in interest all the problems that people are having on this board and I think it boils down to a couple things. First off educate yourself about everything. Check every thing you do over and over and over again to make sure it is right. Be completely honest and upfront about yourself and your life. Do not attempt to go around the rules or the law. I think people can be their own worst enemy's and do not take responsibility for those actions that eventually come back to bite them in the butt, and then blame the system. I'm not saying the system is perfect but it can work if you are willing to take ownership of your life and responsiblity. If you can't understand it hire a lawyer. This is our lives we are talking about here. It takes care. Anything worth having is worth working and waiting for.

Our timeframes: submitted 8/27/02 to CSC
    2nd NOA: 10/30/02
    Packet 3: 11/4/02
    we waited for his passport and other paperwork and set up the apt for 2/12/02 including doing the medical that same day. (Yesterday).
    Recvd K-l: 2/12/02 YEAH!!!

It is a wonderful life! It can be for anyone who is willing to just try. Thanks to all those wonderful people who have given so much helpful information.

Comment

Congratulations.....but you know why everyone is complaining is because the wait is unreasonably long - it is cruel to the applicants and is INEXCUSABLE!!! In my opinion, there is no reason on God's green earth that this process should take longer than 6-8 weeks.....anything longer than that is simply INCOMPETENCE by our government - the great old USA.....the beureaucrats can suck my ***....

Comment

I don't think any of us have filled out our paperwork improperly or have tried to go "around the rules" as your advice seems to imply....We are doing everything that the INS has asked - we have jumped through all of the hoops - have done all their many forms and have paid all the fees, now how about getting some service.....YOUR ADVICE IS VERY CONDESCENDING TO ALL OF US!

Comment

I am always happy for anyone who gets a successful result and goodluck to you..I hope you have a great life together!
          I'm in for a VERY long wait, the INS don't understand the amount of stress they cause to people and frankly they couldn't give a damn! The only thing which helps for us is to keep in regular contact which each other, It's costly but we would both go crazy otherwise..Hang in there folks!

Comment

I was not trying to imply that everyone wasn't doing the right stuff. What worries me and you all know this that there are lots of posters in this site that go off about lots of stuff they are doing that is not legal and stuff that they haven't fully investigated before they start the process. I also know full well that there are lots of other people who are doing the right stuff and still having problems. I agree that is terrible and I feel bad for them. I also agree that the process is ridiculously long and that needs to be fixed. But you know what I have also been in contact with many others that the process went very well and they stopped reading any of the boards because it was too confusing and was making them nervous about things they found out later were not the case at all. So please don't take offense to what I said I am just pointing out a fact. I only wish good luck to all and that they can find out it works.

Comment

I am happy things went so well for you. But I think you may have been a little unfair in your assumption, that the reason some of us have not had a productive K-1 experience is because we have done something wrong or illegal.

All I can say about that is this. I know I have dotted every "i" and crossed every "t" but still I have not recieved my second N.O.A. (First one 9/17/2002) I contacted my congressman and one of my senators both came back with different info. from the T.S.C.

If the hold up with my petition is mistake or question of illegality then I think by now I would have been notified. (And so would many others who are in the same boat as me)

Please cut the rest of us a little slack, we are just trying to get the same blessing as you. (To be able to be with our Love One's)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation