X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration to New Zealand

Hi, everyone,

I have a couple of questions to immigrate to New Zealand based on skilled worker category. Can you guys give me some advice or share your experience with me? Following are my questions?

1. If I filled my application in US, how long will it take to get appoved?
    2. Does anyone know about the job marketing in NZ?
    3. Since I was laid off recently, my visa status is out of status. Does NZ immigration officer care about my visa status in US?

Any comments will be highly appreaciated.

Hi, everyone,

I have a couple of questions to immigrate to New Zealand based on skilled worker category. Can you guys give me some advice or share your experience with me? Following are my questions?

1. If I filled my application in US, how long will it take to get appoved?
    2. Does anyone know about the job marketing in NZ?
    3. Since I was laid off recently, my visa status is out of status. Does NZ immigration officer care about my visa status in US?

Any comments will be highly appreaciated.

Comment

New zealand? That's the country where they place immigrants in something similar to a concentration camp and maltreat them? (I remember seeing it on TV a few months ago..) Maybe you should think twice about going to a destination like that! :-)

Comment

Hi, guest,
        Many thanks to your reply. Your message is really valuable for me.
        I made this decision only because I thought immigration to New Zealand is the fastest way that I can get approved to enter another English country. Since this decision is really important to me and my family, can you give me your detail information about New Zealand immigraiton policy?
        Why did you say they maltreat immigrants?
        Does anyone have idea about immigration to New Zealand? Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Comment

NZ doesn't maltreat immigrants as far as I remember; the detained immigrants you must be talking about must be the ones from the incident with the mass-exodus of Chinese or Indian nationals, who were trying to "land" illegally on Australia (Canada/Australia/NZ and a few British historied countries have that "landing" rule where a person landing on its shores can apply for a status).

A person who is properly applying for his/her papers from abroad and who is accepted to one of these countries will usually be welcomed qualified immigrants with open arms. Good luck!

Comment

Eric you sure are in the mood for exodus!

Comment

I think it helps if you have a job offer on the table when planning to emmigrate to NZ. Also, if you are applying from a third country you could face difficulties as I am sure the NZ embassy will want to know the ins and outs of your current situation.

Having said the above I do know that NZ are very welcoming to immigrants at the moment and I would suggest you go to the official NZ immigration site, which advises you of what to do etc...etc...

Just for the record it is actually Australia that has an anti immigration policy at the moment....not NZ........and be careful there are alot of sheep in NZ.

Comment

It's a nice country. It has no preditors, so it's safe to walk in the woods I think the only poisen things there are black widow spiders. There are no snakes on the islands, no lions tigers bears That is purty nifty.

It's not easy to immigrate there. Some qualifications are more strict than the US. If you marry a NZ citizen you can get in that way, the proof needed of a valid marriage is
                more than you need here in the US

try this site... it is the INS site in New Zealand

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources