Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

student visa status? what should i do next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student visa status? what should i do next?

i came here with a student visa and i already had the optional practical training. What should i do next? my OPT expired and i can't find a job that will sponsor me for an H-1B or green card. My brother is a US citizen and my sister too, so i don't know if i i should try and tell them to sponsor me and fill the application and then get a work permit or H-1B.

i came here with a student visa and i already had the optional practical training. What should i do next? my OPT expired and i can't find a job that will sponsor me for an H-1B or green card. My brother is a US citizen and my sister too, so i don't know if i i should try and tell them to sponsor me and fill the application and then get a work permit or H-1B.

Comment

I had a hard time finding a job that would sponsor me for a work visa but I was able to find an employer who would do that for me. I used my year of opt training to demonstrate to them I could do the job. I doubt they would of sponsor me had I not done my job( I'm not saying you didn't). My sugestion is keep sending your resume and to avoid being illegally here (as some advocate) go back to your home country and hope taht an employer would hire you and process your work visa. I know quite a few former F1 students who did just that and are now working here legally. Better be legal than to jeopardize your future. Good luck.

Comment

Maybe

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs