Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please, please help! I'm afraid...

I was once arrested while hanging out with couple of merihuana in my pocket. although it was not for sale, i was charged with the intent for sale.

at the time i couldn't understand exactly what that was and all i know is that i was given a legal-aid who advised me to plead guilty and go home. me being so innocent accepted the plea without any knowladge of whatsoever.

now i'm married to a u.s. citizen and we have one beautiful girl whom my parents at home dying to see but i'm scared to death to leave the country after i visited one of the immigration websites and read couple of articles regarding sales of merihuana and other drugs.

can anyone advise me on this matter. i'm desperate and confuse.

all advise are welcome and will be taken seriouslly.

thanks
    peace

I was once arrested while hanging out with couple of merihuana in my pocket. although it was not for sale, i was charged with the intent for sale.

at the time i couldn't understand exactly what that was and all i know is that i was given a legal-aid who advised me to plead guilty and go home. me being so innocent accepted the plea without any knowladge of whatsoever.

now i'm married to a u.s. citizen and we have one beautiful girl whom my parents at home dying to see but i'm scared to death to leave the country after i visited one of the immigration websites and read couple of articles regarding sales of merihuana and other drugs.

can anyone advise me on this matter. i'm desperate and confuse.

all advise are welcome and will be taken seriouslly.

thanks
    peace

Comment

Very nice and simple solution: pay your parents a round trip ticket to America! This way they not only see your child but also enjoy his home country! Besides....you do not expose yourself to any risks!

Comment

Are you a green card holder?
        If not, have you applied for Adjustment of Status?
        Did you enter the US legally?
        We need more information about your case...

Comment

yes i'm a greencard holder and yes i did enter the us legally.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I believe "intent to distribute (sell)" for a substance abuse conviction could constitute an "aggravated felony" (trafficking drugs) and therefore reender you "removable" as well as permanently "inadmissiable".

You need to go check on this! I'm fairly sure that simple first time "possesion" (for personal use) for instance is not an aggravated felony, but "illicit trafficking" is. There are remedies available for both if you're rehabiliated or the offense took place before 1996. In any case, I would not travel at all with such a conviction (for immigration puproses, it won't make a difference if it took place yesterday or 50 yrs. ago....there is no statute of limitation), you should consult a very good attorney who is also familiar with criminal consequences for aliens.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation