X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, answer Umesh

Hi there

I have a problem and hope that you will be able to answer my questions.

I come to the USA in 2001 on a B1 visa and a few months later I applied for a student visa that will expire in DEC-03. I have an American boyfriend that I have known now for 5 years. He however is living in South Africa, my native country, and comes to the USA almost regular.

We are engaged to be married and are planning on living in the USA. He has lots of business that would require him to travel back and forth.

My question to you is, since I am to be married to my boyfriend, when after the marriage will I be able to go and visit my family and how long after will I be eligible to work. I would also like to kow what problems we might encounter and what papers to file first.

I really hope that you will be able to answer my questions

Regards

Hi there

I have a problem and hope that you will be able to answer my questions.

I come to the USA in 2001 on a B1 visa and a few months later I applied for a student visa that will expire in DEC-03. I have an American boyfriend that I have known now for 5 years. He however is living in South Africa, my native country, and comes to the USA almost regular.

We are engaged to be married and are planning on living in the USA. He has lots of business that would require him to travel back and forth.

My question to you is, since I am to be married to my boyfriend, when after the marriage will I be able to go and visit my family and how long after will I be eligible to work. I would also like to kow what problems we might encounter and what papers to file first.

I really hope that you will be able to answer my questions

Regards

Comment

Somebody, please anwer my questions

Comment

HELP

Comment

IF you marry while in status you will have no problem, IF you want to travel you have to take permission from BCIS.
          I don't know his taxes status? if he pay taxes in USA on his earning to meet poverty line ? if not then you might have problem to get AOS approved.

Comment

Jesse and Sammy, can I also hear what u guys have to say. I wwould also like to hear your viewpoint.

Comment

I agree with Mohan. Once you are married, your husband then can file an I-130, I-148 and 765 together. Depending on where in the country you are, you will get work authorization anywhere from within 1 day to several weeks.

If you are in status and you have no illegal presence accrued, then you can get advanced parole and travel outside the U.S. while your AOS is pending. If you do have illegal presence accumulated, I'd be very careful about leaving the U.S.

As for his taxes, if he is paying income taxes from abroad, and makes enough money to meet the guidelines then he can complete the affidavit of support. If not, you may have to find a cosponsor. Hope this helps.

Comment

Good job, Jesse. You've almost replaced Umesh (oops, now I hear Umesh coming...)

Comment

Thank u so much, it has helped a lot

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs