Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Yes Guest, you're right. Puerto Rico and the USVI are U.S. Commonwealth territories not U.S. states and it may cause problems if you don't have the proper documents to come back.
    Hawaii should be okay since it's a U.S. state.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    not only that, Puerto rico is considerd the common wealth country. Anyone who wants to come back from Puerto rico would need to show valid visa to enter the states. Becareful. I know about this because one of my friends had probelms coming back. Dont travel to USVI and puerto rico. Go to Hawaii for fun. Vacation is just for pleasure. Think about the consequenses.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Okay, the reason why you need a visa and passport when coming back from the USVI is that the island itslef is not only an American territory. The other part of the Virgin Islands is a British territory (British Virgin Islands) so people who are eligible to travel to the U.K. without a visa, they could travel to the BVI without a visa as well, and from there the could sneak over to the USVI without any problem. Now, if there was no visa and passport requirement from the USVI for the continenetal U.S., that way many people, who need visa for the U.S., could just come to the U.S. without a visa; that's why the requirement.
    However, Puerto Rico is a single island and only a U.S. territory, so you would need a U.S. visa to go there anyway if let's say you'd want to travel there from Europe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wanted to go on vacation to the US Virgin Islands. I was told I need a passport and valid visa so I can come back into the US. I believe that it's possible to to Puerto Rico with no problem (don't even need a passport) since it's considered part of the US, but that for travel the the USVI for some reason all documentation is required, including passport and a valid visa. Is this correct? If so, why the difference?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic travel to Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands

travel to Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands

I wanted to go on vacation to the US Virgin Islands. I was told I need a passport and valid visa so I can come back into the US. I believe that it's possible to to Puerto Rico with no problem (don't even need a passport) since it's considered part of the US, but that for travel the the USVI for some reason all documentation is required, including passport and a valid visa. Is this correct? If so, why the difference?

Thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation