Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mohan or sammy or anyone who can help ...thanks

please explain 245 i..SOME SAY IT IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO CAME HERE WITHOUT INVESTIGATION ..OTHERS SAY IT'S FOR THOSES WHO OVERSTAYED TOO..THOSE WITH DENIED APPLICATION..THOSES WITH WAIVERS...
    PLEASE EXPLIAN ..
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE..

please explain 245 i..SOME SAY IT IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO CAME HERE WITHOUT INVESTIGATION ..OTHERS SAY IT'S FOR THOSES WHO OVERSTAYED TOO..THOSE WITH DENIED APPLICATION..THOSES WITH WAIVERS...
    PLEASE EXPLIAN ..
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE..

Comment

Right now 245(i) is not extended so nobody can get its benefits. 245(i) works like an amnesty for illegal people or who have overstayed their visas or are otherwise ineligible to adjust their status in the United States.
      Government is trying to extend 245(i) and waiting Bill to be passed in the Congress so that President could sign it into a law.
      Good luck.

Comment

can anyone tell if it 245(i) will indeed be passed?

Comment

A report from the Department of State (see below) quotes Secretary Powell extensively on immigration issues, and reveals that the Administration still hopes for Congressional action on 245(i) in addition to a guest-worker program and legalization. An article in the Tuscon Citizen quotes Sen. Lieberman (D-CT), a candidate for the Democratic Presidential nomination "If I were President today, I would immediately invite President Vicente Fox to the White House to sit and talk. Let's get something done ... If it doesn't happen before Jan. 20, 2005, it's one of the first things I'll do when I'm privileged to enter the Oval Office." Sen. Lieberman is quoted further as saying " ... it almost seems as if the American government can't tell the difference between a tourist and a terrorist, or an immigrant and an invader." These statements from Secretary Powell and Sen. Liebermman highlight the fact that immigration will be a key issue in the 2004 Presidential election. It's not hard to see why - with approximately 10 million people undocumented in the US (that's one out of every ten people you see as you walk down any street in a large city) - immigration is the elephant in the room that no one in politics can ignore anymore, 9/11 notwithstanding. This is a crisis - the law on the books is not working. And the solution is not hard to find - despite the wishful thoughts of the anti-immigrationists (it is just not realistic to pretend that we can somehow deport large numbers of people without destroying the American economy) - legalization is surely coming, the question is merely when. The day for legalization will come when the political stars are aligned. As the 2004 campaign picks up steam early next year, it is entirely possible that some immigration legislation may get precipitated thereby. And if the President decides to make 245(i) his priority, we predict he will get it. Immigration Daily will continue to cover immigration issues in the 2004 campaign as it unfolds.

Comment

Thanks "moral"

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs