Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Don't listen to thta someone as i went through the same situation as oyu are but mine was affidavit of support and finger prints.It took nine months after the interview to get my approval letter.As Umesh suggested you should go to the office where you got interviewed and submit the inquiry. But don't worry and have faith i hope you sent the paper work within 30 days after your interview as i was told by my interviewer to do it in 30 days or she will deny my application. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Umesh Passi
    replied
    You and your wife should go to the office where you were interviewed and ask for status of your AOS, if they can not answer at that time, then you should ask the officer for Enquiry Form and fill it then and there. You will receive answer in mail in couple of weeks.
    You can also fill Form G-639 Freedom of Information and you will receive necessary information in about 3 - 4 weeks.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello All,

I have found this discussion board is helpfull, so here I am asking for some help/suggestion from you all.

I got married to a USC in Nov,01. Applied for my adjustment of status in Dec,01. I got my money receit within 90 days. In Dallas, TX - they said the process will take from 24 months to 30 months before they will call for my interview. But for some reason I was called in Dec,02.I had my finger print and interview done within 90 days.
    The interview was good.I had all my papers ready except the Officer asked for my birth certificate which I was not ready with it - because I thought my valid passport and my wife's US birth certificate was good enough to show our identification.
    but the Officer told me - she will not approve my CG Card unless I mail her my orginal birth certificate. I was told I will be getting the approval within 3/4 months - and within a week from the interview I send her the birth certificate. few things that I am worried about now --
    1. its been almost 6/7 months - I have not receive any mail .
    2. one of my friend who also got married to a USC and applied 4/5 months before I got married - he has not got his call yet. I don't know how that happend when we applied through the same local office.
    is that normal?
    3. someone told me - if you don't get your stamp on the same day you got your interview - chances are - you are not going to get any stamp at all ---- now that makes me and my wife worried. has any body got into this situation?

I call the 800 number to see if someone can give me some idea and I also went to the local office but they could not give me a single piece of information.
    I would really appreciate if someone can share their thoughts and own experience. I hope you understand our frustration.

take care

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic confused - please suggest

confused - please suggest

Hello All,

I have found this discussion board is helpfull, so here I am asking for some help/suggestion from you all.

I got married to a USC in Nov,01. Applied for my adjustment of status in Dec,01. I got my money receit within 90 days. In Dallas, TX - they said the process will take from 24 months to 30 months before they will call for my interview. But for some reason I was called in Dec,02.I had my finger print and interview done within 90 days.
    The interview was good.I had all my papers ready except the Officer asked for my birth certificate which I was not ready with it - because I thought my valid passport and my wife's US birth certificate was good enough to show our identification.
    but the Officer told me - she will not approve my CG Card unless I mail her my orginal birth certificate. I was told I will be getting the approval within 3/4 months - and within a week from the interview I send her the birth certificate. few things that I am worried about now --
    1. its been almost 6/7 months - I have not receive any mail .
    2. one of my friend who also got married to a USC and applied 4/5 months before I got married - he has not got his call yet. I don't know how that happend when we applied through the same local office.
    is that normal?
    3. someone told me - if you don't get your stamp on the same day you got your interview - chances are - you are not going to get any stamp at all ---- now that makes me and my wife worried. has any body got into this situation?

I call the 800 number to see if someone can give me some idea and I also went to the local office but they could not give me a single piece of information.
    I would really appreciate if someone can share their thoughts and own experience. I hope you understand our frustration.

take care
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation