Can't renew the Driver's license?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true. I am a citizen, born here in the U.S., and my nephew (also a U.S. citizen) got into an accident with an illegal alien who did not have a driver's license, and therefore did not have any insurance. Although my nephew's insurance covered some of the damage to his brand new mercedes, my nephew was still out-of-pocket by over $7,000. It's time we issued drivers' licenses to EVERYONE, without any exception, just so they can get insurance.

Comment

I don't think very many illegals would get insurance. They would get proof of insurance and cancel as soon as possible or buy a counterfiet ins card to go with their other counterfeit doucments.

Rememeber they didn't become illegal by following the law.

Comment

TIN doesn't work! When I was applying for DL, I brought my TIN and my SSC, and they immediately told me that they only need my SSC. They don't want your TIN...just an advice.....they like SSC!!! Good I have both! heh

Comment

To SOMEBODY :

Were you applying for a new DL or just renewing an old DL? What state did you apply in, and how long ago did you do this? Did they ask you for INS documents to show proof of legal status?

Comment

You still can get your DL without the "confiscated SSC". I'm just wondering why they did it to you. If you are a USC just bring in your BC and passport and it will solve it's problem.Show your old DL so they can copy your SS# and they will know if you're a USC/illegal from the data they have about you.

Comment

I am sorry sorry to read and see all the replies you had to get through. Legalizing would be the best way, but you would have to meet some requirements with it connected(married to a USC the best). You would probably make it with your ITIN, but I don't recommend it because you might get in trouble later when AOS in process. I would look around and try different states closest to NY. Not all of them require a valid SSN to get DL.

Comment

What if you already have a DL which would expire in year and a half, do you have to show proof to get it renewed. SS# is valid, just don't have GC yet. Thank you

Comment

In S.C. you do - you have to show birth certificate, proof of legal resident status if non-citizen, vehicle registration, proof of auto insurance, photo ID, and social security card, not just the number - this is all just to renew a license - all of this is required for all license issues for everyone.

Comment

how long can you use a international driver`s licence for before you have to get a us licence.
                    thanks

Comment

Same for Florida. My son went to renew and he had SSN, EAD, Passport. Gave him a letter stating he has a valid license to be mailed within a month. Of course the experation date is the same as the EAD.. Just hoping his 485 Adjm. will be processed ASAP.

Comment

They need either a birth certificate# or an alien#. When they enter the info in the computer, they can not proceed without those numbers. Their computer program would allow them to. That's in Florida.
                        Some state ask for SSN# only, some state want full blown info. Without any papers it's nearly impossible.
                        But if anyone has any idea, i'd like to know.

Comment

Depending on the state you live in, you may need to have a vehicle assessment for outpourings, security, or both before you can enroll or re-register a vehicle. In any case, various states have disposed of such examinations. New Jersey, for example, no longer requires a yearly prosperity examination, anyway visit here the state requires a spreads appraisal at customary stretches following a basic five-year audit free period for another vehicle.

Comment

hi! i am here sine last five years, i don't have a legel status . i went to DMV, NY to renew my license which was issued five years ago. they are not renewing it saying that i need a social security card. and i don't have one. so, they tell me to go to social security office and get a letter but my visa is expired. i don't know what to do. please any suggestions. i still need to drive to work.why they need a freak'n social secrity card. this is insane...please help!

Comment

You can find games online to entertain anyone in many different age groups. There are several games available for young children, teenagers, and adults. Many of the games you would find online UFA365s are targeted for a specific age group.

Comment

You can find games online to entertain anyone in many different age groups. There are several games available for young children, teenagers, and adults. Many of the games you would find online UFA365s are targeted for a specific age group.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation