Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization and the I-751 make a lovely couple

Hey folks can anyone give me a definitive answer to this question: When I eventually go through the process of naturalization while I am still waiting for my I-751 approval, will the BCIS still give me an interview date? By this I mean, is it possible for an immigration officer to assess me for naturalization and remove my conditions on my green card at the same time as it is looking extremely likely that I could get to the interview stage before my I-751 is approved.........or is it a case of no interview date until the I-751 is approved? Thanks
    cheers,
    Patrick

Hey folks can anyone give me a definitive answer to this question: When I eventually go through the process of naturalization while I am still waiting for my I-751 approval, will the BCIS still give me an interview date? By this I mean, is it possible for an immigration officer to assess me for naturalization and remove my conditions on my green card at the same time as it is looking extremely likely that I could get to the interview stage before my I-751 is approved.........or is it a case of no interview date until the I-751 is approved? Thanks
    cheers,
    Patrick

Comment

The way i understood it to work was that if they approve your citizenship it, it's still pending on the outcome of your removal of conditions. The BCIS officer won't take off your conditions if they approve you for citizenship. Basically you still have to wait for that to go through but I always understood that you can pretty much do everything with the citizenship but everything would be definate once your conditions are removed.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Marie, are you sure about this? Why would they want to interview somebody who has pending I-751, without knowing if this person will have I-751 approved? It seems like waste of time for BCIS. IF the inerviw goes well, do they make this person wait for his or hers Certificate of Naturalization until I-751 approved?
        Please clarify. Thanks.

Comment

And went to school in America,why, schools are no good reptile-guide.comyour people dont understand education, why you come.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation