X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (245)i

Hi.
    we all are waiting for that law to be extended so that we can goahead and get our status with out leaving that country.
    according to My information even bush wrote a letter to congress for the extention of that particular law but after that sep 11 change every thing we all have to be positive and hopefully they will extend it any new news about it please inform us any encoureging comments will be apprecialble.
    Thanks
    Regard's
    Shan

Hi.
    we all are waiting for that law to be extended so that we can goahead and get our status with out leaving that country.
    according to My information even bush wrote a letter to congress for the extention of that particular law but after that sep 11 change every thing we all have to be positive and hopefully they will extend it any new news about it please inform us any encoureging comments will be apprecialble.
    Thanks
    Regard's
    Shan

Comment

According to various immigration professionals and lobbyists, it is highly unlikely that another 245(i) extension will be passed by Congress, at least until early summer 2004.

In addition to the current political climate, there are major backlogs from the previous 245(i) that are still clogging the system, especially with regards to labor certifications at the state level.

Comment

NYCIMMPARALEGAL Thank you so much for your reply.
        In regard's to your reply do i have to assume that 245(i) will never extend again.?
        Thaks.
        Regard's
        Shan

Comment

Hi Shan,
          Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that 245(i)would be extended anytime soon,according to lawyers and other professionals.Anyways there are other pending legislations or bills introduced that might be helpful for those of us who are expecting for some changes.

Comment

Thanks for reply ely it's been two years and there is no hope as u said not anytime soon it's disgusting any way u mention about some new bills and legislations what r those by the way.?

Comment

SHAN,

Unfortunately, there are so many in your situation and I'm one of them. I've been married for almost two years to an illegal and have a child. The only relief in my future is hopefully the AgJobs bill as my husband is employed in agriculture and has had the same employer for 6 years. I know there are a couple of other things in the works but unfortunately they don't seem to strong. The good thing is that there is an election in the coming year and this subject is heating up. Hopefully whoever wants to win the elections will be thinking ahead enough to do something for all of us in this situation and win lots of votes.

good luck. Angie

Comment

i agree with you angie hopefully before election we will get the good news.
                Best of luck!
                Regard's
                Shan

Comment

I doubt it'll get passed.

Why?

Cuz then it INCREASES the amount of illegals that will immediately try to jump the border. The border patrol have a tough enough job as it is.

Trust me, when any amnesty is announced -- every tom, **** and henry make a mad dash to come here, illegally -- making an asylum claim, you name it. It turns into a nightmare.

Don't forget -- it encourages in the future more illegals cuz hey "they made them legal in the past if you wait long enough!".

-= nav =-

Comment

Mr MoonDin Thanks for your reply again but i think it would be necessary for me to correct you here.
                    First if they extend 245(i) as u said majority of the illegals will try to jump here in united states either from canada or mexica and for your kind information that can't happen u know WHY.?
                    Because according to the 245(i) u have to prove that u were in the country physically in 21st december 2001 and that would be almost impossible to prove if somebody just entered in to US illegally.
                    And 245(i) is not a amnesty i hope u will know about it so make it clear please before your spread out any information.
                    Plus u never Before Election any thing can happen and if they did i am sure management knows how to handle that important matter.and u and me are not the government officials who can comment either it will be pass or not.
                    Thanks
                    Regard's
                    Shan

Comment

Shan--the requirements for 245i, if extended, are whatever Congress chooses to make them. So, the Dec. 2001 date does not necessarily apply.

Secondly, if it walks like an amnesty, and quacks like an amnesty, it is an amnesty. Doesn't matter if you call it the Dream Act, a "guest worker" program, or 245i, if people who are here illegally are able to "legalize", that's to all intents and purposes an amnesty in the minds of most Americans. And MOST Americans are what Congress will be looking at (especially after Arnold's win in California, where Davis' pandering and subsequent loss proved the fallacy of a "Latino" vote).

Comment

Someone first of all i never said i am an expert and secondly u are telling me that i break the law of your country for your information america is not any bodie's country we all are immigrate here does not matter even if u born in this country.
                        secondly i donot care 245(i) will extend or not.
                        i have my options and i am working on it.
                        secondly i am educated person that was a kind of situation that i entered in this country illegally any way i donot have to explain u all this and my marriage is 100% pure.i donot need your answer or your thoughts i can see how educated and how thoughful u are.
                        and u guys are talking about illegal's they just came here to feed their family's nothing else what about so called american's like u :child molesters" serial killers look at your self and think what u up to.

Comment

You know,

you should take it easy on Shan. He/She never professes to be an expert on immigration. There are plenty of people that are pro-immigration and want to fix the immigration problems here now. If that means an amnesty or a new worker program so be it!! Shan came on here for some information and is getting caught up in the hatefulness of the anti-immigrant people who post here.

Comment

>december 2001 and that would be almost
                            >impossible to prove if somebody just entered
                            >in to US illegally

Oh please. Thank god you don't run our IS system -- otherwise the illegals would take you to the bank.

I can go to downtown LA 40 mins away and buy a AUTHENTIC looking Green Card, complete with magnetic stripe, photo, lamination, etc. etc for $20. Can't even tell it apart from the real thing.

Now you tell me illegals CNA'T just take someon else's applicaton -- photocopy it, photoshop it, change the names, etc. and re-file for another person??? It's easy to take a lease and put another name on it. Plus if the guy who was here for 10 years is Jose Mendez, just pretend you're also another Jose Mendez, and file in another state with the same paperwork.

They'll ALWAYS find ways around it.

I remember the last "amnesty" where I read that doctors and nurses from Asia were out working in the fields just to get GC's. And all of a sudden a HUGE exploion of "farms" were propping up in downtown Chicago, Maine, Hawaii, neighbourhoods, etc. All "employing" many aliens.

Oh and btw: We're not anti-immigrant. We're ANTI-CRIMINAL. Please be intelligent enough to note that in the future.

-= nav =-

Comment

WHAT ABOUT COUPLES (ONE ILLEGAL ONE AMERICAN BORN PERSON) WHO HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR YEARS, HAVE CHILDREN, PRODUCTIVE LIVES, NOT ON PUBLIC ASSISTANCE BOTH WORKING, ETC.

THE ONE WHO CAME HERE ILLEGALLY WOULD RATHER BE CONVICTED OF HIS CRIME AND PAY FEES AND SERVE A SENTENCE OR PROBATION OR WHATEVER FOR A CHANCE TO PROVE HIS WORTHYNESS FOR APPROVED RESIDENCY.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation