Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poverty Guideline for I-134

I wanted to know for I-134. Does the I-134 have the same treatment as the I-864 in poverty guideline. And if so is ti based on 100% or 125% . I wanted to knwo the correct answer for this. The interview is in Mumbai
    Here is alink to see from the department of state and the Department of Health and Human Services. I was refused but want my case to be reconsidered. How do I get a new interview to do that?

If we refused your immigrant visa under section 221(g) of the law because your application was documentarily incomplete or under section 212(a)(4) because we determined that you would be a public charge in the United States, then you may return with new information and request reconsideration on any business day at 7:45 a.m., except for the second and last Friday of the month and holidays. Only one member of the family needs to return with the required information, unless we specifically request that everyone reappear.

If we refused your visa for more serious reasons, e.g., you were deported from the United States, we caught you trying to smuggle an unqualified person, we caught you making a material misrepresentation about your case, or because of any arrests or suspected criminal activity, then it is likely that your case will require a waiver from Department of Homeland Security. You or your relatives should contact the nearest Department of Homeland Security office for more information about obtaining a waiver.http://travel.state.gov/povert.html

Please reply back
    Thanks,
    Vpatel

I wanted to know for I-134. Does the I-134 have the same treatment as the I-864 in poverty guideline. And if so is ti based on 100% or 125% . I wanted to knwo the correct answer for this. The interview is in Mumbai
    Here is alink to see from the department of state and the Department of Health and Human Services. I was refused but want my case to be reconsidered. How do I get a new interview to do that?

If we refused your immigrant visa under section 221(g) of the law because your application was documentarily incomplete or under section 212(a)(4) because we determined that you would be a public charge in the United States, then you may return with new information and request reconsideration on any business day at 7:45 a.m., except for the second and last Friday of the month and holidays. Only one member of the family needs to return with the required information, unless we specifically request that everyone reappear.

If we refused your visa for more serious reasons, e.g., you were deported from the United States, we caught you trying to smuggle an unqualified person, we caught you making a material misrepresentation about your case, or because of any arrests or suspected criminal activity, then it is likely that your case will require a waiver from Department of Homeland Security. You or your relatives should contact the nearest Department of Homeland Security office for more information about obtaining a waiver.http://travel.state.gov/povert.html

Please reply back
    Thanks,
    Vpatel

Comment

As to the I-134, the same poverty line thresholds are used to determine public charge issues. That is, the sponsor's income must be at least 125% above the poverty line relative to family size.

Please indicate the reason you were denied, or no one will be able to assist you in figuring out what to do or if anything can be done. You need to remember that Consular officials have the final say on whether or not you get a visa. Most times, it is not possible to appeal a decision of a Consular Officer, unless you have a waiver or your circumstances have changed.

Comment

My Fiance has not yet had her Interview. But based on my income and the addition of my 2 co-sponsors which are my mother and father. The total income exceeds or is beyond the income needed based on the Poverty guideline. I was just asking in general about this information.
        Thanks alot for the reply. But I wanted to know even though the Counsler has the final say so I wanted to make sure based on the my support and with the help of my mom and dad, the dollar amount of support is more then needed. An will this higher dollar amount casue less of a problem with the counsler haveing to say anything about the support needed for my fiance to enter the USA.
        Thanks,
        Vpatel

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs