Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH MY CASE!

THIS IS MY CASE: i came to the states december 2001 with a J1 visa with the 212 (e) restriction on it. I decided to overstayed because of my girlfriend .i met my girlfriend here and last week we got marry.By the way she is a united states native citizen. Now i do not know if it is going to be easy for me to file any petition to the Ins ...if somebody can explain each step that i have to follow in order to get out fo this status. I lived with her all this time. We have bank accounts that can help me provide information in order to confirm my real intentions. This is not a fake marriage this is the most important moment in our lives and i am worry that because of my decision to overstayed can ruin our whole lives. please somebody with some information that can help me in some way please send it as soon as possible. thanks again everybody

THIS IS MY CASE: i came to the states december 2001 with a J1 visa with the 212 (e) restriction on it. I decided to overstayed because of my girlfriend .i met my girlfriend here and last week we got marry.By the way she is a united states native citizen. Now i do not know if it is going to be easy for me to file any petition to the Ins ...if somebody can explain each step that i have to follow in order to get out fo this status. I lived with her all this time. We have bank accounts that can help me provide information in order to confirm my real intentions. This is not a fake marriage this is the most important moment in our lives and i am worry that because of my decision to overstayed can ruin our whole lives. please somebody with some information that can help me in some way please send it as soon as possible. thanks again everybody

Comment

Congratulations on your marriage!

I checked out a web site and from what I could understand just from what you have written, I really don't think you will have any problems, but I would like for you to read it and decide for yourself. I think you will find it very helpful. Web site information:

http://www.kamya.com/intro/tourist.html

I really hope you will find your answers here!

Best of Luck and God Bless to You and Your New Wife!

Comment

hi lynyrdman
        congrats or ur marriage..
        J1 visa has a two year foreign residency requirement. which means that after coming to USA on j1 visa you cant change it into some other visa until you go out of country and stay outside for two yrs before applying for the new visa.
        well my friend up there thought that you wont have any problems with ur application but i think u will face few of them.one of my friend was in same situation, the only difference was that he wanted to change j1 into H1. he had to apply for a waiver to US immigration and also two waiver from his native INDIAN government. which took him two months, and during that he became illegal and wasnt eligible to apply for any visa. he eventually had to go back. In ur case, u are married to a US citizen, but still have to go through the process. delay will only cause you more problems becuz if your j1 visa expires you will become illegal alien. being illegal for upto 6 mnths is expulsion for 3 yrs and being illegal for 1 yr or more is expulsion for 10 yrs. So i will give you best advice---- go to a lawyer my friend( a real one) and dont care about his fees-- cuz you will make lot of money in this country later on i ur life.. good luck

Comment

You are right, he probaby will run into some complications during the process of completing everything that needs to be done. I really was not very clear when I said, I don't think you will run into any problems and I apologize for that. I was just trying to comfort him in letting him know that he has a very good chance of being able to stay with his wife and not to worry that it will all work out in the end. He was very worried that it could mess up their whole life and this concerned me.

Thank you, Info, for sharing your experience and knowledge here. I am sure he will find it very useful. Even though I haven't experienced a lot of what many are on this board, I just hate to see any threads left unanswered and just answer to the best of my ability in hopes that it will be helpful. Suggesting a lawyer is usually best in this type of situation.

Thanks again!

God Bless To The Both of You and The New Wife!

Comment

thanks guys for your help with people like you i still think that something is possible. Thanks

Comment

Could you please give him more direction here?

Thanks,

One Heart

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs