Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-3 visa time frame

I know the subject of k visa's has been drilled to death but I am still confused about the time frame. I've seen (on two different sites) where with K-3 ths I-129f is filed with CHICAGO, then they send you notice of receipt, the I-129f is sent to Missouri, and you send I-130 and notice of receipt to Missouri. You do all of this instead of using the service center for your area. Is this true? At what point can spouse enter the U.S.? After 129f is approved in Missouri? (which is considerably shorter time period than it would take in Texas or Nebraska). How long does it take to get spouse here??

I know the subject of k visa's has been drilled to death but I am still confused about the time frame. I've seen (on two different sites) where with K-3 ths I-129f is filed with CHICAGO, then they send you notice of receipt, the I-129f is sent to Missouri, and you send I-130 and notice of receipt to Missouri. You do all of this instead of using the service center for your area. Is this true? At what point can spouse enter the U.S.? After 129f is approved in Missouri? (which is considerably shorter time period than it would take in Texas or Nebraska). How long does it take to get spouse here??

Comment

Hm

Comment

I am very new to this board but thought k3 took about as long as k1. If can use Missouri it is faster?

Comment

If you have choice, better use Direct Consular Filing (DCF), but not all American Consular do this, have to check with them first. Its the fastest, sometimes only take 3 months or less than 6 months.

For better advice, seek the expert opinion.

Comment

I wish we COULD use DCF!! Canada doesn't have it....

Comment

Perplexed...First you file the I130 with the service center that covers your area. Once you recieve the first notice from them you then file the I129F with the Chicago/Missouri service center. More info at this site.
              http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/k1faq.htm
              you can also check out the newsgroup/discussion form at
              http://britishexpats.com/forum/
              Scroll down to US Marriage based visas.
              It is a good site that has a lot of info dealing with all aspects of the process.

Comment

Thanks Desert Rose! I kept thinking that where I'd seen to use the Missouri SC for 1294 was wrong but apparently not!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation