X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reentry permit???

Hi,
    My wife is a GC holder, and she wants to see her family in Philippines. Filipino Embassy requires a travel document, something they can stamp on to approve for 30 day visa.
    We mail the I131 to Nebraska office, receipt dated june 23, 2003. We check the status of processing date on their web, and it shows july 2002.
    We call them to ask how come other offices now process up to october 2003(the web shows a table...I131), but they say other offices do not process re-entry permit; everyone has to send their I131 to Nebraska office.
    My question is how come we can not submit I131 to Vermont or Washington DC office?
    My wife's friend who live in CA pays some office for doing the re-entry permit and she gets it approved in less than 6 months, and now she already is in Philippine visiting the family. Is there back door for those immigration lawyers?
    I feel bad to read the web and see California, Texas, Vermont and Washington DC offices now process cases dated Sept or Oct 2003 and Nebraska office, July 2002.
    Is ther any other way to expedite my wife case(she has been here a year now)?
    Thanks,

Man nguyen

Hi,
    My wife is a GC holder, and she wants to see her family in Philippines. Filipino Embassy requires a travel document, something they can stamp on to approve for 30 day visa.
    We mail the I131 to Nebraska office, receipt dated june 23, 2003. We check the status of processing date on their web, and it shows july 2002.
    We call them to ask how come other offices now process up to october 2003(the web shows a table...I131), but they say other offices do not process re-entry permit; everyone has to send their I131 to Nebraska office.
    My question is how come we can not submit I131 to Vermont or Washington DC office?
    My wife's friend who live in CA pays some office for doing the re-entry permit and she gets it approved in less than 6 months, and now she already is in Philippine visiting the family. Is there back door for those immigration lawyers?
    I feel bad to read the web and see California, Texas, Vermont and Washington DC offices now process cases dated Sept or Oct 2003 and Nebraska office, July 2002.
    Is ther any other way to expedite my wife case(she has been here a year now)?
    Thanks,

Man nguyen

Comment

Your post is confusing. Is your wife in the US or in Philippines? Where has she been for more than a year? Was she physically present in the US when I-131 was submitted to USCIS?

As far as procesing goes, reentry permit is only processed in Nebraska Service Center, and it takes 450-480 business days. As of November 20, they've been processing applications submitted on July 25, 2002.

Comment

Hi,
        My wife is here since Nov 2002 and has never been out of US.
        Is it a false ad that some web site say they can expedite re-entry permit in 6 weeks?
        Thanks,

Comment

It's bogus. There is no way to facilitate this type of the application.

Can your wife obtain her country's national passport? If yes, it'll be much faster than reentry permit.

Comment

Thanks.
            I ask people about getting her country's national passport.. they say just like you suggest, but feel that it may effect her status later when she applies for US citizenship; something about if she already has her country's national passport, it is OK. But if she gets it now, when she comes back to US they may take away her GC and do not allow her back in the state.

MMN

Comment

It is not true, to say the least. Getting your country's national passport is perfectly legal and cannot affect GC status in any way. Her GC cannot be taken away for having her passport.

What people are referring to, is applying for another country's citizenship AFTER acquiring US citizenship. That may pose a problem with US citizenship.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation