Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for american birth mom

Does someone know if there is some sort of centralized public record on the population of the United States? We are trying to find my husband's birth mom. My husband was adopted in 1956 and we only have his birth mother's name and age to go by. If anyone has any tips on how to go about with our search, please let us know. We would be grateful for any tip. We don't know anything about which records are public in USA. Thank you. Ulla

Does someone know if there is some sort of centralized public record on the population of the United States? We are trying to find my husband's birth mom. My husband was adopted in 1956 and we only have his birth mother's name and age to go by. If anyone has any tips on how to go about with our search, please let us know. We would be grateful for any tip. We don't know anything about which records are public in USA. Thank you. Ulla

Comment

I am not really sure what exactly to tell you, although you may want to try contacting people who specialize in adoption rather than in immigration.

If that is all the information you have, you better hope that her name is not a common name. You could try just typing her name into an internet search engine to see if anything comes up.

You can try checking state (I think they have these) birth records for the year she was born (subtract herage from the current year)... you could also try social security administration or hire a private detective.

For other ideas you may also be able to talk to an adoption agency or someone else.

But I definitely recommend searching for a board on adoption rather than immigration.

Good Luck!

Comment

Ulla,

Try this website www.ancestry.com. You might find a lot of information there.

Good Luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed