Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deserter from foreigh army, problems with green card?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deserter from foreigh army, problems with green card?

Hi, I left my country without completing my military service. I guess I'm considered a deserter over there. I'm in I-140 stage now.
    Is this considered a crime by the BCIS? Do I need to worry, that my AOS willnot be approved? What can I do to help the situation?
    Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, I left my country without completing my military service. I guess I'm considered a deserter over there. I'm in I-140 stage now.
    Is this considered a crime by the BCIS? Do I need to worry, that my AOS willnot be approved? What can I do to help the situation?
    Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

>>I guess I'm considered a deserter over there.<<

Yep, OVER THERE, not in the US.

Is that a mandatory military service that every male citizen of your country has to do between certain ages?

Do you want to do it? If yes, you can go do it after you get your status adjusted... If you don't want to do it, who cares, don't go back there anymore, it is their problem, BCIS won't care if you did your mandatory military duty or not.

What country is that if I may ask?
      SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

Israel.
        But the thing is, that I guess BCIS will do the backgroud check, and draft dodging is considered a crime in Israel, so no clean Police Certificate for me...

Comment

background checks concern your background in the US. As far as overseas, BCIS checks with CIA records, but if you have been in US for more than I year they don't.
          You'll be fine. i didn't do my mandatory military service in eastern europe either

Comment

I would imagine that it wouldn't really matter unless it's a close ally, and boy oh boy, is Israel close! or big problem if it's a desertion issue with a nato member country, Anton.(Is Israel a nato member?)

See if you can get an extension for your obligatory military service. In some cases you must leave your natural citizenship (if that's a possibility). I would argue for human rights
            violations since no government should have the right to claim military service from its citizens! But you won't get far with this claim if your citizenship coutnry is an important factor or ally for the U.S.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation