Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for Asylum Case!!

1- I applied for Asylum before my visitor visa expired; they INS sent me a notice that I can stay in the US because my case is pending. After one week my visa expired for 6 months to stay in the US. My question is: What is my status right now?
    2- I had an interview with the immigration officer, after 2 weeks I got the decision that I should appear before the immigration judge to prove my case. My questions are: Which kind of evidence I should submit to the court?(e.g. Articles, newspapers, my opinions, etc)?
    3- I settled an Third Country before I came to the US, I was there as a student for 6 months/? Can this make it as difficulty to obtain asylum status in the US?
    4- how many Appeals do we have in the US in asylum cases? (I mean it start like this fist, it start with an interview with the immigration officer: then -The immigration judge - then The Board of Immigration Appeal, What next if any?

1- I applied for Asylum before my visitor visa expired; they INS sent me a notice that I can stay in the US because my case is pending. After one week my visa expired for 6 months to stay in the US. My question is: What is my status right now?
    2- I had an interview with the immigration officer, after 2 weeks I got the decision that I should appear before the immigration judge to prove my case. My questions are: Which kind of evidence I should submit to the court?(e.g. Articles, newspapers, my opinions, etc)?
    3- I settled an Third Country before I came to the US, I was there as a student for 6 months/? Can this make it as difficulty to obtain asylum status in the US?
    4- how many Appeals do we have in the US in asylum cases? (I mean it start like this fist, it start with an interview with the immigration officer: then -The immigration judge - then The Board of Immigration Appeal, What next if any?

Comment

You did not know that american asylum system is only for gay and lesbians? If you are a gay or lesbian, you may hope to win the case from the Judge?

The only good thing is American legal system is a mess. You can file appeal after appeal and stay here for some time and buy time to manage your escape to another country where you can enter and be safe.

It takes about two to 4 years to be heard in the BIA.

Then you can appeal in the supreme court too, i think. You better go to EOIR website or INS website and search appeal.

Comment

No it is not true that asylum is only for gays and lesbians.

Comment

what about the other question please?
          its a legal system or political sytem in this country?

Comment

if you applied for PA, you are in deportation proceeding. you will have first interviewed by immigration officer( you done that). if he is not convinced then he will refer to you to the immigration court. you will receive a letter from the court for hearing. you will be allowed to retain an attorney. and then, ther will be final hearing. you will be asked to prove your case with the evidences that you are claiming on your application.
            As this is your third country you can be asked why you did not took Pa in the country where you came from( 2nd country). there should be enough proof to support your case, and country situation.
            If IJ denied your case then you have right to appeal the Judge decission. this is called motion. and it must be within 90 days of the judge decision... if you agree to voluntary departure then Judge will give you some days not exceeding 90 days to depart.. But the if you don,t waive the right to appeal you can still appeal. Again appeal should be within90 days. if appeal denied then you have right to motion to reconsider.. which must be within 30 days of the appeal decision.
            I think I made it very clear..

Comment

Thank you for answering my questions.

I got the decision form the INS Office that the immigration officer has denied my case, so they gave me a notice of appearance before the immigration judge (on specific date-time-place)

I didn't receive any thing by mail from the court!!

What Next??

Comment

what going on? no body no the answer?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources