Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small business seeking to hire Mexican

I'm a biologist who studies horned lizards in southern AZ. I recently started my own business and have a contract to conduct population inventories of the flat-tailed horned lizard. Few people have the specialized knowledge and skills to help me with these surveys. However, there is a Mexican biologist who has been studying these same lizards on his side of the border. I would like to hire him to help me. Is there any chance I could get him into the U.S. by June 1st if I start the process now? Should I be trying for the H-1B visa, or is there a faster/easier route?

Are there people/agencies available to guide me through the process? Any help is appreciated.

--Kevin

I'm a biologist who studies horned lizards in southern AZ. I recently started my own business and have a contract to conduct population inventories of the flat-tailed horned lizard. Few people have the specialized knowledge and skills to help me with these surveys. However, there is a Mexican biologist who has been studying these same lizards on his side of the border. I would like to hire him to help me. Is there any chance I could get him into the U.S. by June 1st if I start the process now? Should I be trying for the H-1B visa, or is there a faster/easier route?

Are there people/agencies available to guide me through the process? Any help is appreciated.

--Kevin

Comment

Yes sponsoring your mexican scientist for a HIB visa would be the fastest means to get him into the US.
      After you get approval for your labor condition application (LCA), the next step is to petition the BCIS (Formerly INS) for approval for an I-129 (i.e. petition for a temporary worker.). After it is approved he can go to any US consulate in Mexico to apply for a H1B visa and come over here to work for you.
      Thereafter, you may begin the process of getting him an EBGC (Employment Based Green Card), by filing for a Labor Certification with the Dept. of Labor. If it is approved you can go ahead and file an I-140 (Petion for Alien Worker.) green card application for him.
      Hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed