Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here/I751/N400 question!

Hi I just found this board and it's been a big help to me.Just being able to findpeople who are going throught he same thing I am is a great comfort to me! I am a legal permanent resident who just got her I7571 approved I have been married to my husband for nearly 5 years and for 2years and 7 months of those years we have lived here in the US. Am I eligable to apply for citizenship if I have physically only lived for 2yrs 7 months here in the US? Can I apply for citizenship if I have an approved I751(conditions removed) but have not been send the actual green card yet? please answer if you know because I'm confused as to what to do.
    Another thing is...does anybody know of any other immigration boards I can go to.Please post the url if you do. thank you in advance!

Hi I just found this board and it's been a big help to me.Just being able to findpeople who are going throught he same thing I am is a great comfort to me! I am a legal permanent resident who just got her I7571 approved I have been married to my husband for nearly 5 years and for 2years and 7 months of those years we have lived here in the US. Am I eligable to apply for citizenship if I have physically only lived for 2yrs 7 months here in the US? Can I apply for citizenship if I have an approved I751(conditions removed) but have not been send the actual green card yet? please answer if you know because I'm confused as to what to do.
    Another thing is...does anybody know of any other immigration boards I can go to.Please post the url if you do. thank you in advance!

Comment

You could go ahead and apply for naturalization.
      You won't have any problems yo are LEGITIMATE ELIGIBLE FOR CITIZENSHIP GO AHEAD AND APPLY

Could you tell us if your conditions were removed with interview or without interview? which one was your service center? and how long did it take from the I-751 filing until the removal of conditions?

Comment

Go to URL given below and find out by your self-weather you are eligible or not or may be after 2 years and 9 moths of continuous residence.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...wsinstruct.htm

Comment

Hi
          thanx for your advice!For Aguila -I filed for removal of conditions in august of 2002,within the 90 days required. I got a NOA 2 weeks later saying I was extended for 1 year with employment authorised. I waited a whole year until 2 weeks before my extension expired,then went to the local service center where I got a 6 month extension on my passport(employment authorised). I week later I got a letter saying I was extended for another year and it will take a minimum of 5 months for my application to be processed. Then last week I got an approval letter in the mail telling me my conditions were removed and to go to my local service center with photographs to get my new GC!!! I used the Nebraska service center.I am currently waiting for my GC to arrive.

Comment

Kitaromagali:

Thank you very much for posting the details I have asked you for.

I was wrong, and vivek has corrected me, you can apply in two months, you must be here and married for 2 years and 9 months to apply for naturalization, and you said 2 years and 7 months, but if I were you, I would be getting everything together, so the day you are allowed to file you have everything ready to send out.
            Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed