Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess my immigrant adventures just began, huh??? :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatianka
    replied
    Hi, everybody, just wanted ya'll know that i received my welcome notice on the 19 th June and i got my permanent resident card in mail today
    Little question to you folks... I did mark the block requesting social security card when the paperwork was at initial stage. Does the SSC arrive after GC does??? Thanks,Tatianka

Leave a comment:

• Kumar555
    replied
    Some time mail is also get lost...USCIS can always forward your letters via U.S. Embassy, Afghanistan. or Pakistan.

Leave a comment:

• Kumar555
    replied
    If you are working as contractor empolyee with the U.S. Govt. Your overseas time will be counted as Residence in the United States...
    Contact USCIS, Delhi and mail copy to your Senator, to Dirctor USCIS at Washington,D.C.
    Why don't you get your mail via APO address you might have a box number...

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    A lot of the time the USPS does not forward mail from the USCIS if they request a return service. They will not forward GC's sent in the mail and interview date letters for sure. APO's are a different matter. They might be more likely to forward because they know the recipient is likely stationed abroad and I assume the APO system is secure.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Brit as usual, gets it wrong. The USPS forwards mail, not USCIS, to APOs.

But in any event, overseas stays are ignored only for active duty and direct federal employees. Contractors do not count. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm Federale, you need to get some glasses and READ properly.

Where did anyone state that USCIS forwards mail?

I said can USCIS mail BE forwarded. Meaning does the mail office forward USCIS mail on.
    Get it now?

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Brit as usual, gets it wrong. The USPS forwards mail, not USCIS, to APOs.

But in any event, overseas stays are ignored only for active duty and direct federal employees. Contractors do not count.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    What a surprise...federale86 gets it wrong again!

Leave a comment:

• Tatianka
    replied
    thanks a lot again! Yes, there were no problems with APO so far as all my immigration paperwork got thru.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    Tatianka, Not sure if this helps or not but apparently New Delhi USCIS has juristiction for Afghan regarding US immigration issues.

Here is the link which gives their contact details and has an email address too:

USCIS New Delhi

If you can't get answers still, maybe worth an email to them to see if they can look into it for you.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    Hi,

Can USCIS mail be forwarded to an APO address? Just wondered.
    I know they are kind of strict on where they can send a Green Card you see, and if the person isn't at the said address, it would be returned to them.
    Was thinking that maybe that is what happened in your case?

However, not sure why they didn't stamp your passport at POE. Mistakes do happen as some on here has reported, but you being away, does make things a bit difficult for you to chase up. Not as if you could make an infopass to find out.

I hope someone can give you some clearer answers, sorry not been too helpful. All the best to you though.

Stay safe both of you

Leave a comment:

• Tatianka
    replied
    Hi, Sprint_girl07...Thanks . All my mail comes here to me to APO address in Afghanistan...

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    I knew it! I was gonna ask you that Tatianka.

I hope those that jumped to conclusions in bad taste learn their lesson

Welcome to ILW Tatianka

Is there anyone at the residence in the US taking your mail? Or is it possible you are having your mail held at the Post Office or re-directed?

Also, I know this may sound stupid, but apart from having to come back to the US to sort out your GC, is there someone you can see or speak to outside the US to look into this matter for you?

I hope someone on here will have some better knowledge on a situation like this for you.

Leave a comment:

• Tatianka
    replied
    hey, just to make it clear for you,buddy...me and my husband do contracting overseas and we get 4 getaways per year...

Leave a comment:

• Tatianka
    replied
    Hi! I work on a US base in Afghanistan. I'm a contractor just like my american husband...

Leave a comment:

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    Just In Case Anyone Is Confused???

federale86 appears To understand Things Others cannot Comprehend!!! It Is real!!! And Worldwide Jungle Rules Can kill You! Without Second Thought Or first thought!!!

You Cannot Think like everyone Else!!!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed