Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 prioity date and the 485 pack

I filed I-130 for my EWI husband back in September 2000, received receipt in October 2000, I-130 approved and NOA received in July 2001. INS then misplaced the file. We then hired a lawyer and she advised we file 485 pack, that he could be grandfathered into the LIFE act, keeping the priority date on the I-130. Is she correct or not? We never received a receipt number when we filed the I-485. Mail here is being misdelivered and not redirected to the proper mail boxes and I need to keep a close eye on things.

I filed I-130 for my EWI husband back in September 2000, received receipt in October 2000, I-130 approved and NOA received in July 2001. INS then misplaced the file. We then hired a lawyer and she advised we file 485 pack, that he could be grandfathered into the LIFE act, keeping the priority date on the I-130. Is she correct or not? We never received a receipt number when we filed the I-485. Mail here is being misdelivered and not redirected to the proper mail boxes and I need to keep a close eye on things.

Comment

did you file I485 concurrently with I-130?

Comment

The first lawyer we hired said to file I-130 first, then later file 485, so that is what we did. We filed the I-130, it was approved then "lost". The I-130 was filed in 2000, approved in 2001. We filed the I -485 in 2002, with a copy of the I-130 we filed, along with a copy of the approval letter and copies of where we tried to hunt down the file they lost.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation