Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question....

Hi, I'm 18 years old, my boyfriend is 21 and moved here awhile ago from New Zealand, his visa ran out, and now he wants to become a citizen. We would get married, but i want to finish college first. How should he go about becoming legal...and is a lawyer a guarenteed option?? PLEASE RESPOND...

Hi, I'm 18 years old, my boyfriend is 21 and moved here awhile ago from New Zealand, his visa ran out, and now he wants to become a citizen. We would get married, but i want to finish college first. How should he go about becoming legal...and is a lawyer a guarenteed option?? PLEASE RESPOND...

Comment

YOU ONLY NEED A LAWYER FOR PAPERWORK NOT FOR DECISIONS. WHENEVER TIME COMES JUST MARRY HIM, THAT'S A BEST OPTION. MARRIAGE IS THE EASIEST WAY TO BECOME LEGAL IN THIS COUNTRY.

Comment

You are still young and have a lot of living to do, especially since you are in school.

Be sure that YOU want to marry this guy and he wants to marry you for love and not for him to stay here to get citizenship. Do not do yourself a disservice. You also have to be able to support him financially ( if he should lose his job or want to go on welfare, or if you do not have insurance and he gets hit by a car) and be liable to this for 10 years after the INS interview. Even if you should decide that you do not want him and get divorced.

If you both really love each other, then I say go ahead, but please be sure this guy is not using you for citizenship. I would hate to see you hurt.

Also make sure that getting married does not affect your financial aid for college.

Goodluck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed