Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LETTER TO REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

Hi. I only got positive feedback on this letter.

Please copy it into your email and send it to everyone you know, asking them to send it to their representatives and their friends. Also send it to your representative (check www.aclu.com to find out who they are, if you enter their name into a search engine like yahoo.com it will provide you with thier mailing address and how to email them.) It shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Post a message if you are going to do that or have done it. We need as much support as possible for this to work at all!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am sending you this letter to show my support for the restoration of fairness to the immigration laws. In particular I would like to see changes to the 1996 laws.

Unfortunately, these laws have created drastic problems for numerous families due to overly harsh penalties with little discretion to the nature of the offense. Although these laws provided provisions for waivers for family members of US citizens, such as the I-601, these waivers are extraordinarily difficult to obtain, as well as costly due to expenses for attorneys. The result is that American citizens must live without their spouses and parents or must for all practical purposes be exiled from their own country, the USA.

Changes must be made in order to aid family unity and ensure justice proportional to the crime committed.

Some examples of legislation that have requested the restoration of fairness to the immigration laws are as follows:

S. 955
    Immigrant Fairness Restoration Act of 2001: Introduced by Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Bob Graham (D-FL), S. 955 would provide comprehensive reform of the 1996 immigration laws, including: eliminating mandatory and indefinite detention; eliminating the bars to admissibility for unlawful presence; restoring waivers of certain grounds of inadmissibility established by the 1996 laws; and restoring due process, proportionality, judicial discretion, and judicial review to immigration law.

H.R. 3894
    Restoration of Fairness in Immigration Act of 2002: Introduced by Representative John Conyers (R-MI), H.R. 3894 would restore due process by repealing the retroactivity of IIRAIRA, restore judicial review and discretion, eliminate mandatory detention, and otherwise restore fairness and proportionality.

I would like to ask you to support these bills and any similar ones that are introduced.

Please help us to reunite families.

Thank you.

Hi. I only got positive feedback on this letter.

Please copy it into your email and send it to everyone you know, asking them to send it to their representatives and their friends. Also send it to your representative (check www.aclu.com to find out who they are, if you enter their name into a search engine like yahoo.com it will provide you with thier mailing address and how to email them.) It shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Post a message if you are going to do that or have done it. We need as much support as possible for this to work at all!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am sending you this letter to show my support for the restoration of fairness to the immigration laws. In particular I would like to see changes to the 1996 laws.

Unfortunately, these laws have created drastic problems for numerous families due to overly harsh penalties with little discretion to the nature of the offense. Although these laws provided provisions for waivers for family members of US citizens, such as the I-601, these waivers are extraordinarily difficult to obtain, as well as costly due to expenses for attorneys. The result is that American citizens must live without their spouses and parents or must for all practical purposes be exiled from their own country, the USA.

Changes must be made in order to aid family unity and ensure justice proportional to the crime committed.

Some examples of legislation that have requested the restoration of fairness to the immigration laws are as follows:

S. 955
    Immigrant Fairness Restoration Act of 2001: Introduced by Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Bob Graham (D-FL), S. 955 would provide comprehensive reform of the 1996 immigration laws, including: eliminating mandatory and indefinite detention; eliminating the bars to admissibility for unlawful presence; restoring waivers of certain grounds of inadmissibility established by the 1996 laws; and restoring due process, proportionality, judicial discretion, and judicial review to immigration law.

H.R. 3894
    Restoration of Fairness in Immigration Act of 2002: Introduced by Representative John Conyers (R-MI), H.R. 3894 would restore due process by repealing the retroactivity of IIRAIRA, restore judicial review and discretion, eliminate mandatory detention, and otherwise restore fairness and proportionality.

I would like to ask you to support these bills and any similar ones that are introduced.

Please help us to reunite families.

Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs