Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US or Foreign Lawyer

I am mulling about getting a lawyer to prompt the foreign embassy to adjudicate his K3 petition. My question is as to whether or not a US lawyer has any jurisdiction in a foreign land to compel them to act. I was reading on writ of mandamus but it seems like this may not apply to foreign embassy or rather, it would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull (lawyers words not mine). There seems like there should be some remedy available to US citizens who are waiting inordinate amounts of time, while the embassy isnt even held accountable to advise why they are delaying issuance of the visa. Everyone is afraid to speak up for fear of p-i-s-s-i-n-g them off since they hold so much power over whether or not USC spouses should or should not receive a visa. Any thoughts are appreciated

I am mulling about getting a lawyer to prompt the foreign embassy to adjudicate his K3 petition. My question is as to whether or not a US lawyer has any jurisdiction in a foreign land to compel them to act. I was reading on writ of mandamus but it seems like this may not apply to foreign embassy or rather, it would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull (lawyers words not mine). There seems like there should be some remedy available to US citizens who are waiting inordinate amounts of time, while the embassy isnt even held accountable to advise why they are delaying issuance of the visa. Everyone is afraid to speak up for fear of p-i-s-s-i-n-g them off since they hold so much power over whether or not USC spouses should or should not receive a visa. Any thoughts are appreciated

Comment

Julie:

We do have many US Immigration lawyers Offices, in Foreign Countries,With some partnership with local Attorneies, but they are not qulified in US Immigration Laws. Sheila Murthy she is will open an office in Chenni, She is from the same place I think. She can reprenst the case at US Emabssy/Consulates all over India. But even then it will not work. Emabssy/Consulate have their owen working standerd they put all in line according to date of applications are receieved and then they have to request the visa numbers from Visa Office in Washington DC.I hope it will take care of your matter of K-3
      Never file K-3, visa get married and file I-130, it is more faster then K-3, Actualy you dont get complete information from the Clerks, in US.

Comment

sab34: So you are saying that ordinary I-130 takes less time than I-129F for K3. If that is the case then I will tell a friend to withdraw his I-129F and let I-130 proceed. Can he do that???

Comment

Happy he is talking about direct consular filing of the 1-130 on foreign soil

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation