Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAITI - bringing Spouse home

If a USC goes to Haiti and marries a Haitian in Haiti, can't the new spouse come home with the USC? So far I am only finding out that the USC has to come home and make applications and wait years.....I just can't believe that is true....there has to be a way that a married couple can be together in the USA without waiting years...the office in Haiti, by the way, has already denied the Haitian - who is NOW a fiance and will be SPOUSE when the USC goes to HAITI to marry him soon - a visitor's VISA to come to the US even though they submitted everything to prove he is "qualified" and meets all criteria...I naively advised, "Since you are going to get married anyway, just go there and marry him and bring him home", but I was told that is not possible...how could that be true?

If a USC goes to Haiti and marries a Haitian in Haiti, can't the new spouse come home with the USC? So far I am only finding out that the USC has to come home and make applications and wait years.....I just can't believe that is true....there has to be a way that a married couple can be together in the USA without waiting years...the office in Haiti, by the way, has already denied the Haitian - who is NOW a fiance and will be SPOUSE when the USC goes to HAITI to marry him soon - a visitor's VISA to come to the US even though they submitted everything to prove he is "qualified" and meets all criteria...I naively advised, "Since you are going to get married anyway, just go there and marry him and bring him home", but I was told that is not possible...how could that be true?

Comment

Please do a bit more research online so we don't have to do all the work in a nutshell! There's tons of sites dedicated to this, with FAQ's.

Basically, you marry or have him/her apply for a K1/K3 visa. When approved, it gives him/her right to come to the US and marry within 90 days.

You could do the whole PR application overseas, wait 2 years, and then come to the US and get i-551 stamped right there.

The fiancee thing only takes maybe 8-14 months. Not that long. Then you apply for AOS when he/she gets here. It's the most popular immigrant visa int he system, and lawyers are so used to it -- they can do it now with their eyes closed.

-= nav =-

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed